Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM

Default River Donk Top Pair Decent Kicker

Villian is new, haven't noticed her in a hand yet. Flop and turn I kept betting waiting for her to tell me if I wasn't ahead. The river donk froze me up.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-01-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: River Donk Top Pair Decent Kicker

2 hands on the front page is enough. so stop posting hands now. this is a pre-emptive strike. you're fine right now.

why would you do anything but call this river?

the rest is completely standard.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM

Getting 3-bet here would really suck vs. an unknown villan. In this spot I think we should just call and get to showdown and see what villan is donking with.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Don't worry I have enough trouble finding time to post I'm not planning to get more than two out there.

I did call the river. I wouldn't fold here for one bet. I guess I'm mostly curious about what someone would donk here.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 PM

Call
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry I have enough trouble finding time to post I'm not planning to get more than two out there.

I did call the river. I wouldn't fold here for one bet. I guess I'm mostly curious about what someone would donk here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I might donk A3s, A4s, A6s, A7s, A8s and ATo (but I'd probably raise ATo PF). Others might donk a busted flush draw, or a flush draw with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as above.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:58 PM

call. No reads on UTG although u imply she could be tight (or at least hasnt done something stupid enough to get your attention).

I seem to see hands like K9s, K7s and KQofhearts here or possibly a crazy steal on a busted flush. Call, win some lose some and make a good note.

its also possible that villian is a bit weak preflop with hands like A10, AJ or AQ and has taken WA/WB line. yeah, call, get a read and exploit it later.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Well I might donk A3s, A4s, A6s, A7s, A8s and ATo (but I'd probably raise ATo PF). Others might donk a busted flush draw, or a flush draw with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] as above.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason for the donks with the weak As are so the villian isn't able to check behind? It that right? I assume if the donk is raised you are folding (at least to most villians).

In this case I guess she went into wa/wb with AK lol. Not meant to be a bad beat post (not even a bad beat), just wondered about the donk.