Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $133.35
UTG+1: $40.82
Hero: $105.00
Button: $139.80
SB: $85.87
BB: $122.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $42</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $87
Old 08-01-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Flopped trips

Seems pretty standard. I'd make the same play... then brace myself to be horrified at the prospect of seeing SB flip over 55 or AK..
Old 08-01-2006, 05:22 PM

Standard. Only cards you're scared of is 55 and A5. Probably has a weak ace, like AJ/AT/A9. This is why I usually fold anything under AJ after a raise.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I usually fold anything under AJ after a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop or when you flop trips?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:57 PM

Standard play. Get it in there. Push the flop or call the flop and push the turn. I like pushing the flop, you're pot committed with a call regardless.

SB is extremely unlikely to have AK or AA here - if he's the type to smooth call preflop with a monster, why would he spring the trap so soon when the flop hits?

You fear A5 and 55 of course, but a hand you can beat is more likely. I see the minraise as a weak ace testing your strength.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB is extremely unlikely to have AK or AA here - if he's the type to smooth call preflop with a monster, why would he spring the trap so soon when the flop hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hate it when my trip Aces comes up against pocket Aces. That damn Ace of Cups gets me every time.

But seriously, get all your money in however you can. I like the push.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets $7, Hero raises to $21, SB raises to $42, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I'm confident that villain isn't bluffing. He has exactly Ax, or 55. So, what does villain call a $4 standard raise with out of the SB that is Ax or 55 that you are beating?

Well, if he's loose, maybe: AsJx (4), AsTx (4), As9s(1), As8s(1), As7s(1), As6s(1), As4s(1), As3s(1), As2s(1). I think non-suited Ax below AsTx he'd fold even if he was loose. That's 15 combinations.

What are you losing to? AsKx(4), A5s(1), 55(3).
That's 8 combinations.

If villain is indeed that loose, I think you're line is fine because you are ahead of hands that call you 15 out of 23 times. Unfortunately, I think that without a read, you need to assume villain is a little tighter. I would expect him to fold anything less than AsTx, so that's 8 combinations you're beating to 7 combinations your behind (A5 is no longer included). So now you're ahead of only about half the possible hands villain has. Since any of the combinations villain might have are all likely to either go or call all-in on the flop or turn, you're pretty much going to the felt with your hand and hoping villain is on the losing side of the 16 possible hands that he's holding.

If you had ANY READ AT ALL that this guy is tight preflop, like a V$PIP of &lt;20% for example, or a post flop Tot Agg of &lt;1.0, then I'd call when he raises to $42, and fold if he goes to the felt on the turn or river (provided I don't fill up or spike the case Ace). A tight preflop player would not have AT, and now we're left with AK, AJ and 55 and AQ isn't looking quite as good any more.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only cards you're scared of is 55 and A5.

[/ QUOTE ]

And AK. No reason to exclude that as a hand that calls from the blinds without a read on villain.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think non-suited Ax below AsTx he'd fold even if he was loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played poker online? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I would just call the 3-bet because this is always a bluff against me but w/e.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard play. Get it in there. Push the flop or call the flop and push the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate calling the flop and pushing the turn. He obviously has at least an ace. Only 2 aces beat us, and there is a plethora that doesn't. If he called your PFR with a worse ace he isn't getting away from it here. Why let a diamond come that may kill all your action? He obviously wants to party, let him have some fun.