Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM

Default This is NOT the Guy to Pick a Fight With. So Let\'s Break it Down. 6M

PP NL 100, 6-max, 6-handed

What hand do I need to call with? What hand do you think Villain had? What hand do you think I had?

Hero has $220; Villain covers.

Reads: Villain is about 24/12/2 in 1k hands. He has made moves before; he made bluffs on scare cards; he has gone stretches where he plays like a rock; he can be tricky. I respect him -- he's not spectactular, but certainly no donk. I think he respects me enough, too.

Preflop: Hero is Button with XX. Villain raises UTG to $4, folds to Hero, Hero re-raises to $15, Villain calls.

Flop: ($31) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $26, Villain calls.

Turn: ($83) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets $65, Villain shoves.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: This is NOT the Guy to Pick a Fight With. So Let\'s Break it Down. 6M

He puts you on AA/KK and shoves a safe turn with a set or 76s.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: This is NOT the Guy to Pick a Fight With. So Let\'s Break it Down.

I don't know what your image is, but against a solid player and when I'm not in superhigh gear I would check behind on the turn unless I were bluffing/had a set.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:36 PM

I would need QQ, 66, or 77 to feel comfortable here. I'm still calling with 22, and I probably call with KK/AA like a donk in the heat of the moment, though I think they should be folds. I think if he was going to make a move with a draw he would have done it on the flop, I thikn the turn push is > 2 pair most of the time
Old 08-01-2006, 03:37 PM

UTG: AA-JJ

Button: AQ-1010
Old 08-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: This is NOT the Guy to Pick a Fight With. So Let\'s Break it Down. 6M

[ QUOTE ]
What hand do I need to call with?

[/ QUOTE ]
A set of queens. I really think villain took a gamble slow playing a set OOP with 2-hearts on the board, and decided to check/push the turn when he figured you might be pot-committed with a good, but not-better-than-his-set type of hand.

[ QUOTE ]
What hand do you think Villain had?

[/ QUOTE ]
A set of queens or sevens. Maybe even AA/KK. Given your read and history, this is all I can see, unless he likes to float cb's with hands like 66, in which case he turned a set of 6s. Sure, he might be making a move with some combination draw like 8h 9h or Ah Kh, or whatever, but this is a really good move if he doesn't have the set he's represting. So I'd fold without the queens.

[ QUOTE ]
What hand do you think I had?

[/ QUOTE ]
AA, KK, QQ, Ah Kh, Ax Qx, Kx Qx, 89s (possibly hearts)
Old 08-01-2006, 03:41 PM

Isn't his line a standard line for AA,KK (or, I suppose .. maaaaybe, A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or a set)? He doesn't really think you're putting yourself in a spot to fold getting 2:1, does he?
Edit: changed "A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or QQ" to "A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or a set" .. not really sure, but I think it's better
Old 08-01-2006, 03:43 PM

9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or a set of 7s
Old 08-01-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't his line a standard line for AA,KK (or, I suppose .. maaaaybe, A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or QQ)? He doesn't really think you're putting yourself in a spot to fold getting 2:1, does he?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY what I thought. He knows my re-raising range is pretty wide, so I thought he might be trapping with AA, KK, or even QQ. But I felt it was more likely to be one of the formers.

Incidentally, I called, I was ahead, and I lost the hand. No one has guessed my hand yet.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Looks like you have AA or KK, maybe AQ. You can very reasonably have QQ here, but I dont think so since you're posting the hand. And that's the only realistic holding that I can have that would allow me to call there.

I would probably call with 67, 77 and 66 too, but I'd be less likely to have reraised in this pot.

I might call with AhKh but I'm not getting odds to draw at the flush and I can't really see how any pair outs can be good here so I probbaly have ot find a fold there, too.

Villain has a set or two pair. that's it.