Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Multi-Table Growing Pains?

Three weeks ago I moved from 2-3 tables at a time to 4-5. (Even bought a 2nd large LCD) I know I'm not giving a large sample size and it could completely be variance, but I am on a huge downward swing. Did anyone else experience this? Is it growing pains or am I not ready?
For the past 3 days I moved back down to 2-3 games and returned to my previous rates. (roughly 37% ITM, 13%ROI)
Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Multi-Table Growing Pains?

Only you can answer that question.

As a general rule, though, it doesn't help to play more games if you're losing them.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:26 PM

I remember starting with 4 thinking how can people do that now I do 8 no problem and could probably handle 12 but the eyestrain bothers me.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:26 PM

Although I use Poker Tracker I still write down every single tournament I play in (including buy-in, type of game, finish, etc)

Reason I'm telling you this is because I've written notes to myself all over the notebook like:

"DO NOT PLAY MORE THAN 3 TABLES UNTIL YOU GET BACK OVER (insert bankroll here)!!!!" - (in huge letters over the whole page)

I'm constantly fighting w/ this. I feel like I'm playing solid but every time I add a table or two I inevitably hit a downswing despite making the proper plays.

All that said, I'm pretty comfortable 5 tabling now and I'm running "normal" for the first time of my life. But I still drop tables at times to avoid tilt, and to make sure I'm playing solid when a bad stretch comes.

I also belive my comfort level will be at 5 for a while. That's about as many as I can play while still having a good handle on all the tables.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:49 PM

After looking at my totals for July I definately think I'll go back down to 3 tables.
I think your tilt comment is right on. Thats probably where I lost a good chunk of change.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember starting with 4 thinking how can people do that now I do 8 no problem and could probably handle 12 but the eyestrain bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

turbos or speeds? 12-tabling speeds without your ROI suffering would be impressive.