Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Tell me whats wrong

OK i have been playing for like the year as a pro. I have started out pretty well making decent money. Everyone tells me that I am a great cash game player and I had started good in tournments. But lately I have been getting [censored] over soooo hard it is just really pissin me off. I have been playing right making the right moves and the right bluffs in the right position. I dont really believe in luck but this has been tough on me lately I have been managing my roll well. Had 1000 to start out with, made 3k but had to give that up to help my mom and older sister. I have gone broke twice now in the past year. I feel to that I have made the correct plays and Ill swtch up styles from game to game in real life and online. But I have been getting jack [censored] from everything and taking horrible beats and this is really the only thing I am geat at. Just Need to know if I should take a break, review my game or anything else I need to know that could help me. I know you guys get tired of hering this [censored] over and over again but I need help with this problem, with both cash games and tournys, but I need more help with tournys and how to better my play.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Tell me whats wrong

tell me what u think and ill post some hand examples later
Old 08-01-2006, 04:36 AM

Try bluffing less at lower stakes and just value bet more. People tend to call more online than in live games.
Cut down your bluffs and value bet more. See how that works out for you.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:39 AM

Look at those hands you were saying you bluffed with, that is what usually [censored] me. For example, tonight was the first night in 5 days I have had a losing session. Tonight I tried to bluff at 50NL again.