Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Tournament of Turbos

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, poggers all, welcome to the first day of the Tournament of Turbos, a series of WW turbos set up to find out who the real all-stars are. Each player will have the opportunity to win and accumulate POG-Bucks (POG$) in tourney WW games, which are redeemable for bragging rights and other valuable prizes. The player with the highest balance at the end of the tournament will be the KingToT.

Game Rules
The games will be standard 6/2/1, 8/2/1, etc. turbos with no special rules/themes/etc. Days will last 25 minutes and nights will last 5 minutes. Unvoting is allowed at any time. All other usual rules apply.

Scoring
Each game will be worth P POG$ where P is the number of players in the game. The POG$ are divided amongst the players of the winning team with priority given to those players who lived longest. If you lived 1 day longer than another player, you will receive 1 more POG$ than that player (POG-Bucks can be broken down into POG-Cents). For the village, it works out to 0.5 POG$ per game phase (day/night).

Seer Bonus: If the village wins and the seer is still alive, the seer will receive a 1 POG$ bonus.

UTR Penalty: You will post or you will be penalized. The minimum number of posts and the penalty depend on the length of the day (no penalty for missing a turbo-lynch day). See the schedule below for details.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Day Length Min. Posts Penalty
0-10 min 0 0.00 POG$
11-15 min 2 0.50 POG$
16-25 min 3 0.75 POG$</pre><hr />

Tournament standings will be posted in this thread after each game.

Scheduling
I'll start tourney games whenever I feel like it and they can start at any time of day. We'll play as many games as I feel like running. The tournament will start tonight and will end Sunday, Aug. 13. Note, I'll be out of town this Fri-Sun, so don't expect any tourney games then (there will be the slight chance of a game Sunday night).

Sign-Up
Anyone may play and everyone is automatically entered. The sign-up for each tourney game will be posted like regular turbos. If you sign up for a tourney game and no-show without telling me, you will be docked 2 POG$. If your POG$ balance is ever less than 0 (including UTR penalties), you are out of the tourney.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Tournament of Turbos

I thought we decided this was a terrible idea. Are you TRYING to suck the fun out of the game?

Edit: Please do not sign me up for any of these regardless of how many I join. I'd rather play the game and not worry about people lynching me because I'm 1/8 of a pog dollar ahead of them in the point standings.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought we decided this was a terrible idea. Are you TRYING to suck the fun out of the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

If you don't want to play, don't. If you want to play and not care about the results, play. If you want to play and try to win the whole thing, play. If you want to bitch, get your own [censored] thread.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM

No. Sorry buddy, if you haven't learned by now, I tend to say things that I think without really worrying about the consequences. Here's one.

This idea is terrible, and if anybody joins this with the hopes of becoming a WW champion, you're an idiot too.

There? Hate me even more yet?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:12 PM

Jackass
Old 07-31-2006, 07:18 PM

I have to say the scoring system seems like it will encourage play that is counter to standard winning strategies, IMHO.
As a villager, I should want to keep the seer alive. However, with this scoring system, I want to not only live longer than the seer, I want to make sure the seer dies so I stay ahead. As a wolf, I sometimes need to sacrifice myself or my partner to help our team win. There can't be infighting within the wolf team as to will go down. And so on.
If you're going to keep score, personally I'd prefer a system that measures the only thing worth measuring - wins and losses. You'll get enough scoreboard weirdness without introducing scoring for elements that don't really matter.

All that said, it's your show; do what you want with it. For now, I don't think I'm interested.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:20 PM

i have to agree with kyro on this one. first of all, it makes the game less fun. second, strategies that include sacrificing yourself early (like telegraphing seer signs as a villager on day 1) take you out of contention. also, better players are generally disadvantaged because they get killed off as villagers earlier than poor players.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM

ZOMG I AM GONNA SCHEWL JOO ALL

I WILL WIN ALL TEH POG MONIES
Old 07-31-2006, 07:29 PM

Why would you want to lynch your own seer? Is the 1 point bonus they *might* get worth giving up your entire win? I tried to set the scoring up so that I would be inclined to play however I felt would give my team the best chance to win without too much regard to the standings. If nobody likes it, it won't happen.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to lynch your own seer? Is the 1 point bonus they *might* get worth giving up your entire win? I tried to set the scoring up so that I would be inclined to play however I felt would give my team the best chance to win without too much regard to the standings. If nobody likes it, it won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? that's not what i was talking about, if that's even a strategy. i meant, as a villager, throwing out things like, "i really don't like a gt1t lynch today." that way you get eaten at night and buy the real seer another day.
Closed Thread