Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 04:32 PM

Default Makonnen\'s Muck Ups (Low Limit O8) #6

Party Poker | Limit Omaha Ring game | Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players | Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Makonnen is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Makonnen calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12SB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Makonnen calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="purple">I call b/c the odds are the next card either kills my hand totally or gives me the NLD or Broadway. At over 10:1 with likely callers behind, it seemed worth it to take card off here.</font>

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8.5BB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Makonnen bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Makonnen calls, UTG calls.

<font color="purple">OK, I'm not sure what I was thinking here, and this is, I would bet, where the muck up occurs. The thinking was, I think, the next card will probably either give me the nut low or Broadway, and you should bet strong draws. But that's not a very strong draw, and one that is likely to be split either way. So, not only, in the cold light of day, was the bet silly, calling the check-raise compounds the mistake. Whatever UTG+1 has, I'm going to be lucky to split the pot.</font>

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (14.5BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Makonnen folds, UTG folds.

Even with a 14+ BB pot, I had nothing. NOTHING. Figured that couldn't be good ...

-Makonnen
Old 07-31-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Makonnen\'s Muck Ups (Low Limit O8) #6

i would reraise the turn. you have a 11 out wrap a nut low draw. so you have a 24% chance to scoop the whole pot, so the more bets you get in on the turn the more positive expectation you have.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 PM

I think you played it fine. I can see you're improving makonnen.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:43 AM

Edited, cuz I answered my own silly question.

And, thanks.

-Makonnen