Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 02:07 AM

Default 98s flops flush, extracting value - call or push?

SB seems pretty solid - 24/20. Its my first orbit at the table so no good reads but BB seems pretty bad. Preflop I should have raised on the button but I think I was distracted with action at other tables and thought there were limpers ahead of me.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $102.65
UTG+1: $9.50
CO: $50.55
deaders: $48.85
SB: $48.55
BB: $49.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) deaders is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, deaders calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls, deaders calls.

Flop: ($5.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $10</font>, Hero pushes...

Anyone just flat call here to hopefully bring SB along for the ride? Pushing seemed to make sense because BB is an idiot and obviously likes his hand so I should be content with just stacking him and not getting greedy... thoughts?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:19 AM

Default Re: 98s flops flush, extracting value - call or push?

Bet by SB smells like a C-bet on a board like this, so I don't think there is much of a chance of him coming along for the ride. The gap between him calling $10 to go and a push probably isn't so huge anyhow.

If I was looking to trap SB's money here, I wouldn't call. I would min-raise, hope for SB to call, then hope for BB to move it all in.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was looking to trap SB's money here, I wouldn't call. I would min-raise, hope for SB to call, then hope for BB to move it all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:53 AM

BBs raise smells like a pair with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] In this situation I like a raise to $25..This raise would tie BB to the pot on the turn should a non heart fall..Would also give him incorrect one card odds to call your raise...If he can not call this raise he did not have enough of a hand to call a bet on the turn should you only call his raise...I think the same holds true for the SB if he doesn't call a reraise he wasn't going to call in again any way...In short get the money in now and let the donkeys chase..
Old 07-31-2006, 04:03 AM

i get greedy and flat call. PRAY for an offsuit duece. Then again, the 30 BBs going in on the flop already plus the money in the pot is a decent pot in any case.

c/f if another heart comes while you hate yourself for being a greedy mf'er