Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 05:30 PM

Default WSOP PPV

I apologize in advance if this thread has already been discussed elsewhere, but I've failed to locate it if it has...

I recently heard that the final table of the WSOP Main Even will be broadcast on PPV and I'm planning on ordering it. But I've been wondering... will they be showing the players' hole cards? There will be a commentator and play-by-play announcer, but I highly doubt that they'd actually show the hole cards, as it would be possible for a guy at the final table could have a buddy in the stands getting periodic phone calls from a buddy at home watching the PPV relaying each player's hole cards, tendencies, etc. Also, will this be tape-delayed at all?

I've been looking on ESPN's website and a few blogs, but have been unable to find an answer to these questions. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Re: WSOP PPV

Phil Gordon mentioned on SIRUIS radio that he will be a commentator on the broadcast if he isn't playing himself.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:33 PM

i think theres going to be a ten min delay, cuz they want to show the hole cards
Old 07-30-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think theres going to be a ten min delay, cuz they want to show the hole cards

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't really solve the biggest problem though. It's not particularly realistic that someone would yell from the audience (or signal) as they would be easy to deal with, but it'd be more of a worry to me that my opponents have friends telling them exactly how I'm playing when we go on break (of course I suppose you could use this to your advantage but still).

Cody
Old 07-30-2006, 07:15 PM

yes, not sure how they are going to deal with that, but this PPV thing is genius of them: it's gold jerry, gold.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:16 PM

I know I'll have one of my crew at home watching and then reporting to others in my crew in the stands what whoever had what hand. Info is priceless.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know I'll have one of my crew at home watching and then reporting to others in my crew in the stands what whoever had what hand. Info is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you don't win, this is just throwing your money away...unless you could sucker one of "your crew" into putting up his own shillings.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you don't win, this is just throwing your money away...unless you could sucker one of "your crew" into putting up his own shillings.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're taking over the poker world, rothko. We're all under 25. Except for all of us.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:26 PM

PPV would be cool :x
Old 07-30-2006, 09:03 PM

The hole cards will not be shown.