Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2006, 06:34 PM

Default just hooked up 2nd monitor

I have been playing 4 tables for awhile now and I think i want to jump to 8. I figured out how to hook up my 2nd monitor and it is awesome.

Now, my question is: When you play that many tables do you stagger them? Like start 4 and then start another 4 after a little while? Or do you just open them all at once?

X
Old 01-21-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: just hooked up 2nd monitor

This has been answered ad nauseum why don't you guys use the SEARCH FEATURE.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been answered ad nauseum why don't you guys use the SEARCH FEATURE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, did a SEARCH... it took me awhile to find an answer to my question. In fact, i am not sure I even go an answer to my question. There sure is alot of stuff suggesting how you play your hands when multitabling but not much about if I should stagger my games or not.

People that multitable all the time I would appreciate some suggestions. Do you just start all your games at the same time or do you space them out?

THANKS!
X
Old 01-21-2006, 07:17 PM

Start them at the same time. That way the blind levels are relatively the same at each table. Since you play differently according to the blinds, if they were all at different levels, you'd get confused having to switch gears every 3 seconds.

Onaflag.............
Old 01-21-2006, 07:26 PM

screw sets. whenever u bust start up a new one right away. u get the max tourneys/hr in that way. holla
Old 01-21-2006, 07:58 PM

I'm still learning how to play, so I play in sets. It helps me keep focus on the shifts in strategy as the tables get shorter handed and the blinds bigger. It also allows you to take a break every hour.

When you start a set of 8, you aren't playing that many hands per table, since all the tables are 10handed. However, once you get to the bubble on 3-6 tables, you'll be pretty busy. I've been heads up on 4+ tables simultaneously before -- when this happens you'll be glad that you don't have another 4 tables beeping at you.

Of course, if you are a young twitch fiend like Raptor, and if you are as experienced as he is, playing continously can boost your tourneys/hr. Without the skill and experience however, it'll definitely lower your $/hr.

Hey Raptor, did you ever move up to 6 monitors? I remember reading one of your posts where you wanted the extra monitors to surf/2+2/itunes/winamp while you were 10tabling to keep from getting bored...
Old 01-21-2006, 08:02 PM

Gettin my second monitor next week...Psyched.

and Sets = -$/hr, nuff said.

Gonna fire em up till my eyes explode.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:37 PM

Most people will barely make any more playing continuous than sets. Continuous needs long sessions or it's inefficient. While you might not lose ROI by playing lots of different games at different stages, most will. 10tabling in sets also takes about as much effort as 6 tabling continuously.