Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 PM

Default KK sandwiched between a TAG and a Turkey

SB is TAG, 14/8/3 and hasn't messed with me yet after about 100 hands and I havn't raised out of the BB yet.

MP1 is a 80/4/1 call station.

I was kind of stumped at the turn when he bet into me, what do you people think I should do?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero???
Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 PM

Default Re: KK sandwiched between a TAG and a Turkey

Raise.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:46 PM

Raise, good time to protect your hand and get value from an aggressive SB.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 PM

Has he seen you abandon hands you've raised to a turn donk? I mean, how have you been playing your big over cards when the flop is low and sort of raggy?

Raise this and see what he does.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:01 AM

*grunch*

SB Low PP is a good possibility 22 thru 99.

Suited Connectors 68s possible...67s doesn't seem likely.

A5s possible from small blind as well considering he figured you were likely gonna check the bb.

raise doesn't make sense if he had A5s so I can't put him on that as most probable.

I honestly think most logical is 55.

With now a lot of cards to come to beat him from turkey but likely not from you... 99 is only hand he likely to think you can have that he hasn't beat. AK spades or hearts are possible with your raise so even if he gets into betting war with you, he is still ahead if you reraise.

If your line on him is as good as it seems it is. I would liken to call the turn and do the same on the river since the only kings that can come can beat you now anyways.

You may be drawing dead between the both of them.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 AM

So thankfully SB folds to a raise, and MP1 calls as expected, but the river brings a pretty bad card. How do I proceed here? b/f or c/c? Keep in mind that 1 is pretty aggressive for a 80%VPIPer.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, SB folds

River: (9.5BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero???
Old 07-29-2006, 01:25 AM

If he's aggressive enough to bluff-bet, checkraise-bluff, or checkraise a worse hand he thinks is best, then check and call.

If he's passive enough where he won't do those things, and will check behind w/ A7 or J9, then bet.

I would usually bet and fold because scenario 2 is a lot more likely than scenario 1 unless you're dealing w/ a lagtard or a tough player who knows you're capable of betting and folding w/ a pair of Kings.

*Edited to mention that I think with that particular river card you're much more likely to be bluffed at, however.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:15 AM

So obviously SB was trying a squeeze play on you and didn't like the results. Good attempt but timing was not good. I admire the reraise you made on the turn, because of 80% in the middle I don't think I would have done it.

This guy is passive enough it seems where a bet here would make the most sense .... highly unlikely he is gonna check raise a bluff here, much more likely to call with the winning hand if he made his straight or doesn't have the nut flush.