Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Life is tough... it\'s tougher if you\'re stupid.

I just got this as an email forwarded to me (I normally hate these). I don't know (or care) if they're true or not. I've seen at least one before. If you have any similiar stories that you've heard about (or experienced), post them here.

[ QUOTE ]

1. Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets.

2. I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

3. A lady at work was seen putting a credit card in her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

4. I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

5. Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift.

One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

6. A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and he should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer..... Dispatcher: Rush him
in to emergency!

7. When my wife and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told that the keys had been accidentally locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door.

As I watched from the passenger's side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered it was open. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!"

"I know," answered the young man. "I already got that side."

Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Life is tough... it\'s tougher if you\'re stupid.

The person that originally typed this up sounds like a huge A-hole. Why would you ask for "a half dozen" donuts when you could just ask for six?

"I don't want a large Farva, I want a god damned liter o' cola."

Farva looked like an ass, this guy looks like an ass.

And the remote opener thing? Could you possibly have helped her out in any way that would make you a bigger douchebag? I don't think so. I really think this occurence was a figment of the original typist's imagination. He's probably the type of guy who thinks up situations in his mind and then thinks abuot how he could be clever and cool in those situations, and then tells them to people as if they actually happened. He wishes this would happen, but it never did.

Number 6 is typed in a way that it is basically just a re-worded dumb blonde joke. All the others are told in first-hand accounts, but the original guy gives no indication of how he knows this story to be true.

Also, I don't think the copier one is so bad. What else would you do if you didnt know how to open the paper tray on the copier? She didn't really need to put the blank page on in the first place, but oh well.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The person that originally typed this up sounds like a huge A-hole. Why would you ask for "a half dozen" donuts when you could just ask for six?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's stupid, why ask for six when you could ask for half a dozen? The two are interchangeable. Are you suggesting he should use the shorter one to save his breath? Or that using anything other than the simplest form of expression in every level of communication is douchy?
Old 07-29-2006, 04:24 AM

I don't believe any of it.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm certain none of these actually happened to the actual story teller. Most could have conceivably happened, but it's mostly just an urban legend.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:19 PM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!

I bet 3 happens all the time.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:45 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2006, 08:15 PM

This reminds me of a math teacher I had in high school. He used to actually get a kick out of making store clerks mess up his change - like say his bill was $5.54, he woudl give them a $10 bill, and then while they were counting out the change, he would say something like, "Oh, here's 18 cents" and give them a handful of change, thus messing up their count. At which point he woudl start ridiculing their math skills and make them feel stupid. He used to brag about this in class, and I actually saw him do it once.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a math teacher I had in high school who was a prick .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-31-2006, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's stupid, why ask for six when you could ask for half a dozen? The two are interchangeable. Are you suggesting he should use the shorter one to save his breath? Or that using anything other than the simplest form of expression in every level of communication is douchy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just imagine going to McDonalds, ordering a value meal, and having the worker tell you that your total is "half a dozen dollars and 2 dozen cents" and you'll realize why only a douchebag would order half a dozen McNuggets.