Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 10:32 PM

Default Would you rather? Favorite team vs. League on whole

Many of you may think this is completely irrelevant (which it is for the most part), but I think it is somewhat of an interesting question.

Assume you are given the option to pick between watching your favorite team for the rest of your life, and never watching any games played by teams that do not include your favorite team, or watching all games not played your favorite team, and never watching any games played by your favorite team.

For example, if you are a Red Sox fan you would be stuck with either only being able to watch games involving the Red Sox, or only watching games not involving the Red Sox. You cannot have both.

I am a Green Bay Packer fan, but if I had to choose between watching only Packer games, or only NFL games not involving the Packers, I would choose to watch the NFL games not involving the Packers.

So what would you do?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Would you rather? Favorite team vs. League on whole

Most of the best sporting events I've seen involved teams other than my own, but I think I'd still choose to see my own team's games.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 PM

Other teams. This is not a close decision for me.

I couldn't stand having to miss tons of championship games and great regular-season matchups just because one specific team doesn't happen to be in them.

Can you imagine how awful March would be if you had to miss most of the NCAA tournament?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:18 PM

I get too passionate over "my teams" that there is no way in hell I could survive without watching "my teams" play. I would rather the sport not exist than to not watch "my teams".
Old 07-27-2006, 11:38 PM

I am so obsessed with my teams (I have yet to miss a Yankee game this year and have only had to watch a few of them on mlb.tv archives) that I would probably die not being able to watch them. I'd take watching my team only ANY DAY.

Same with the Giants, I haven't missed a Giants game (live) in a REAL long time.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:00 AM

I would take the Red Sox, the NFL, the NBA, and college football. College basketball is the only tough decision. I'd probably take UConn and deal with the month-long depression every March.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get too passionate over "my teams" that there is no way in hell I could survive without watching "my teams" play. I would rather the sport not exist than to not watch "my teams".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Very well put Iggy. Exceptions being college basketball, college football and European football (soccer).
Old 07-28-2006, 04:09 AM

I love the game of baseball too much, so other teams. I'd still read about them everyday in the paper though!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you imagine how awful March would be if you had to miss most of the NCAA tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather watch the Red Sox play a spring training game against the Twins than watch both semi-final games.

If I had to give up every other game in order to keep those for my teams, I would do so in a heartbeat.

If I had to give up my job in order to be able to watch the games for my team, I would do so in a heartbeat.

If I had to give up poker in order to keep my games, I would do so in a heartbeat.

If I had to give up my wife in order to keep my wife, I would have to think about it.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had to give up my wife in order to keep my wife, I would have to think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?