Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Howard Stern read my e-mail on the air this morning

On Wednesday, Howard discussed the Joe Lieberman/Ned Lamont Democratic Senatorial primary and his past problems with Lieberman. I sent in the following e-mail:

Just to clarify, Ned Lamont is far from a single-issue candidate in opposition to Joe Lieberman. Not only has Lieberman supported the war, he also questioned the patriotism of people opposed to the war, and claimed that they emboldened the "enemy" and even that people who criticized the President were unpatriotic.

He also recently said that hospitals in Connecticut shouldn't be required to supply emergency contraceptives to rape victims because "In Connecticut, it shouldn't take more than a short ride to get to another hospital."

He also was one of the members of the Senate who headed up the impeachment drive against President Clinton. He's a Democrat in name only. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Lieberman and he needs to go.

Anyway, about a half hour into today's show Howard read my e-mail on the air. He stammered over some parts and seemed to misunderstand the "single issue" I was referring to (support for the war in Iraq as opposed to opposition to Stern). Still, I thought this was pretty cool.

Did anyone hear this?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Howard Stern read my e-mail on the air this morning

That's cool.

When my roomate and I went to the beach yesterday, she had her satellite radio and we listened to Stern for a while. I do remember him talking about Leiberman in the past, but I must have missed this.

Did he give you props?

Stern kinda sucks now though. That Bob Dylan hour thingy is cool.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:40 PM

Didn't hear it but that's awesome. When I was like 15 Golf Digest Published something I'd written in response to their Question of the Month. I got so excited when I saw it that I tore the page out of the magazine. Then I went home and got my copy to give to my friend so his didn't have a page torn out of it.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:51 PM

O-qua tangin wan, Friend Brad.

Cool. I didn't hear it, but I'll catch it on the replay.

I've though about emailing stern a million times, but never done it. Of course, most of my emails would have been about Riley Martin or what a pyscho Sal the Stockbrocker is.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:52 PM

This seems like a case of really dumb negative campaigning. You should have explained why Lamont isn't a single-issue candidate instead of abruptly switching the subject and going on to rant about Lieberman for the remainder of the email. You truly come across as a stereotypical irrate and whining liberal.

[ QUOTE ]

He also recently said that hospitals in Connecticut shouldn't be required to supply emergency contraceptives to rape victims because "In Connecticut, it shouldn't take more than a short ride to get to another hospital."

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who isn't a total communist should be able to understand why Lieberman has a point here.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a case of really dumb negative campaigning. You should have explained why Lamont isn't a single-issue candidate instead of abruptly switching the subject and going on to rant about Lieberman for the remainder of the email. You truly come across as a stereotypical irrate and whining liberal.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who isn't a total communist should be able to understand why Lieberman has a point here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM

I posted this in OOT and not the Politics forum for a reason. If you want to discuss the underlying issues further take it there--there are already several Lieberman/Lamont threads.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:08 PM

I believe this is the article: http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/031021

I'm not an Insider though, so I can't be sure. I'm the Ryan from Atlanta.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 PM

You're probably right. But it's also possible to argue that a post which is largely made up of a controversial political statement should have been posted there in the first place. And I did offer a hint of constructive criticism.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Congrats! I used to listen to Jim Rome's show at work in the afternoon. He read a couple of my emails during this period. It's always exciting to hear your email being read on the air...it's 15 seconds of fame. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]