Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2006, 12:29 PM

Default 99 makes a set, too cute? just right?

UTG is 40/10
MP is 23/6
BB is 53/12

Hero is 23/13, aggressive postflop. I'm in 5 other tables, so the only postflop reads I have against these guys is that they've been letting me run over them with PFR and Cbets. The one big hand I've been in I showed down QQ for the winner. If there is anyone at the table paying attention, they've probably got me tagged as TAG.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($10.70)
BB ($5.13)
UTG ($22.05)
MP ($21.30)
Hero ($39.90)
Button ($25.79)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, MP calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.50.

UTG plays a lot of hands, so has a wide range to start. But, he doesn't raise a lot proportionally, I'm probably against a premium hand. AQ+, TT+

I may have a coinflip here, but there's a good chance I'm behind to an overpair. I'm in fit-or-fold mode with the call.

The CC from MP probably means mid-PP or mid-high SCs.

Flop: ($3.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.25</font>, UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $5, BB folds, UTG folds.

Nice flop for me.

HU, I push here every time. I'm well ahead and pretty much whatever MPs range is at this point is going to be hard to get away from.

With BB and UTG in the pot though, my thinking on the call was that I was way ahead and wanted BB and/or UTG to stay in the pot as long as possible.

Turn: ($13.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

They both fold, so that plan is shot. The heart is a bad card for me since SCs are in villains range, though they seem lower in likelyhood than 77/55 or even something like TT/JJ. I have another opportunity to push here and villain is pot committed. Good chance he'll push the river though I think if he's on a set without hearts, he may advertise that for me by not pushing.

My plan on the river is that if no heart falls I'm either calling a push or pushing myself.

If a heart falls and he pushes, I think I have to fold. If he checks on a heart, I think I have to value bet some amount.

River: ($23.60) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP calls $10.55 (All-In), Hero folds.

Blech. Fold here felt weak, but I had a hard time seeing him making this push without a heart.

Final Pot: $34.15

Thoughts on my play? My plan? My logic?