Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 12:28 PM

Default I hate cheaters (a bit long)

This past weekend I attended a regularly run home game. The deal was passed from player to player until the host busted out (because he's a really donk player). He decided that he would deal for the remainder of the night. I had no problem with that (at first). He started dealing a bit unusual; after dealing the flop, he would look at the turn and river card before putting them face down on the table (while there was still betting on the flop). After each respective round of betting, he would then turn the appropriate card up. He would also look at my hole cards (I was sitting beside him). It took me a few hands to figure out that he was 'signalling' one of the other players. I folded the next hands and watched carefully just to make sure that I wasn't being paranoid and confirmed that he was in fact cheating. I was a little ahead in the money and started to just cash out, leave, and never go back. But I just couldn't resist calling him out before leaving. I folded a hand and watched as he once again signalled his partner. There were 2 other players in the hand. I commented, "The turn or the river is an ace." They looked up me questioningly. "That's what Jack (host) just signalled to that mother****** over there. Jack demanded to know if I was accusing him of cheating. I replied that I was and to prove it I bet him that there was indeed an ace. The argument and name calling then started, but he refused to bet me. Sure enough, the river card was an ace. Jack continued his tirade and ordered me to leave his house. I replied something to the effect of I could not wait to leave the house of a cheater and he needed to cash me out. He refused to cash in my chips, one thing led to another, and he ended up severely bruising my knuckles with his face. This happened just this past weekend. I'm sure that it's not over, but I'll handle it. I hate cheaters.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:46 PM

Default Re: I hate cheaters (a bit long)

I think the moral of this story is:

Cash out before you call the guy holding your money a cheat.

There is a guy in my game that will put the cards out like that. It's really annoying even if he isn't cheating.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cash out before you call the guy holding your money a cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Your actions were not planned out well.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:44 PM

You forfeited your money when you called the host out. If I were you, I'd wait a few weeks to let this blow over, then call the cops and get that game busted. Tell them there's drugs and underage alcohol consumption involved if that's what it takes. Host should get some nice jail time to think about it (not to mention an obligation to cash out all the chips out of pocket after the cops take all the cash in the house).
Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 PM

Here is a solution so he doesn't accidently bruise your knuckles again
Old 07-25-2006, 04:24 PM

yeah, definitely cash out before you start all that, but i am somewhat proud to see that you did exactly what i would've done, only in a different order.

as soon as i read that he was refusing to cash you out, and name-calling started, i know for a fact i wouldn't be able to stay out of a fight..

just be careful fighting people in their own houses...home turf = big advantage. i doubt i'd lose a fight in my own house...
Old 07-25-2006, 06:39 PM

Why would you let the dealer look at the turn/river and why would you let him look at your cards? Props for sticking up for yourself, but you were asking to get cheated in the first place.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:37 PM

Yours is a classic case where you never let someone look in the deck while it is live. First time he did it you should of stopped it right there.

On the ohter hand, follow the othr advice, call the cops in a few weeks, claim there is drigs or something going on.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:41 PM

How did you find this game?, hope these guys arnt your friends lol
Old 07-25-2006, 08:58 PM

Yeah. Like Banks said, i become a bit of a dick if people arent dealing normally - looking at cards before they are out, looking at turns/rivers when action is over and burning before its time to deal.

I ask them politely once. And i only ask twice.