Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of time does best hand fold @ 100/200?
<=20% 31 68.89%
40% 7 15.56%
60% 1 2.22%
>=80% 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2006, 10:55 AM

Location: I\'m going to have a really long and curious location so that people will have to click on my name to see how it concludes. To anyone reading this- OWNED!
Default Worst thing you\'ve ever done to an animal.

1) Watched a friend tie a mouse to the bottom of some bottle rocket's (at the bottom so it wouldn't get burned, we weren't that cruel) and watched it take off. After that my friend realized the mouse was injured and proceeded to put it out of it's misery with a rock. It was still squirming after the rock so he drowned it.

I had little to do with that besides helping to tie the mouse to the bottle rocket.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Worst thing you\'ve ever done to an animal.

Yesterday I had bacon for breakfast, chicken for lunch, and steak for dinner. I win.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:02 AM

mods lock this thread so I don't get depressed please....
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM

I felt awful about this, but in high school over the summers, I used to work at a golf course. We had a problem with geese on the course, so our maintenance head told us he'd give us $50 for each dead goose we brought him. Well my buddies and I developed a technique for taking out the geese that involved side arming a golf club at them. It would basically hit them in the neck and break their neck. I remember feeling really terrible about this, but less terrible when I would collect my $50. I did this about 6 or 7 times before our boss rescinded the offer. Looking back, I feel awful on this, but when you're 16 years old, $50 is a lot of money.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 AM

1) Caught a cute white mouse (in the kitchen) in one of those sticky mouse traps. Intended to set him free in a field, but I couldn't get the damn thing unstuck. After much trepidation, I decided I had to euthanize the little guy. A pickle jar full of water was the most humane option available.

2) While I was in vegas last year, my wife was in charge of taking care of my daughters guinea pigs. Well, she cleans their cage and notices that we are out of pine bedding.

No problem, she leaves the pigs in the yard in the cage with no bottom and a rock on top to keep predators out. Her plan was great except she left them in the sun without water or shade on the hottest afternoon in the summer.

Now we are acutely aware that guinea pigs can die from heat stroke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 AM

ElaineMonster, paging ElaineMonster.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM

I once put a spongy beer can coolie on my cat's head. She can't get them off, but they have holes in the bottom so she could breathe. In the meantime we're talking bucking bronco. Hilarious. After that time I never did it again because even though she was fine, I decided that it was a cruel thing to do. I was young, stupid, and drunk at the time.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 AM

A friend and I used to get the dead bloated frogs out of the neighborhood pool and then run over them with our bikes, popping them open.

Or, we'd lob them up and whack them back into the pool with our tennis racket. It was sick. Frog baseball! Catch the fever!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 AM

Once in high school I was driving home from school when the car in front of me hit a squirrel. It was still flopping around in the street bleeding everywhere so I ran it over to put it out of its misery. I can still remember exactly what the *crunch* as I ran it over sounded like. Ugh.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once put a spongy beer can coolie on my cat's head. She can't get them off, but they have holes in the bottom so she could breathe. In the meantime we're talking bucking bronco. Hilarious. After that time I never did it again because even though she was fine, I decided that it was a cruel thing to do. I was young, stupid, and drunk at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna do this now. But I don't own a cat. Damn.