Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 AM

Default TPTK value push on river?

All I can really say is opponent is loose passive. 34/5/0.54 with 1.34 (river aggression). He is pretty bad, calls with lots of stuff.

I guess the decision is to push for value or check/fold, although could we really check/fold in a pot this size? Either way, I think the value lost in seeing weaker Q's check behind or counterfitted two pairs is pretty significant. Anyways, lemme know if anyone check/folds this river, I can't really see doing it (may be I suck more than I thought) if I lose out on $100 every time he has KQ/QJ/QT/Whatever.

Oh, flop bet was pot.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 Hero (5 handed)

UTG ($222.78)
MP ($606.48)
Button ($163.98)
SB ($90.65)
Hero ($194.05)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, UTG calls $10, SB folds.

Flop: ($26) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24.7</font>, UTG calls $24.70.

Turn: ($75.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $54</font>, UTG calls $54.

River: ($183.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $103.35 (All-In)...
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Re: TPTK value push on river?

I have no problem with it if he's as bad a passive station as you indicate.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 AM

I think you have to describe how bad he is in this situation. In general, I don't think he would call without a flush which means you would only be called when you are beat. I don't think it is a good move here.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:58 AM

Holy [censored] I missed the flush hitting ... wow I need to go to bed. Check the river, fold to any decent-size bet, this guy isn't going to bluff I don't think.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored] I missed the flush hitting ... wow I need to go to bed. Check the river, fold to any decent-size bet, this guy isn't going to bluff I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, if I told you he is calling with any Queen here, perhaps worse, would it change your mind?

I agree he is never bluffing, just wondering if missing out on the value from worse hands makes pushing better.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hm, if I told you he is calling with any Queen here, perhaps worse, would it change your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

These 35/5 guys actually don't call as much as you think on scare rivers. Usually they are the ones drawing, or they finally laydown their pair.

Its the non draw heavy boards where they flop top pair and never fold, regardless of the action.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These 35/5 guys actually don't call as much as you think on scare rivers. Usually they are the ones drawing, or they finally laydown their pair.

Its the non draw heavy boards where they flop top pair and never fold, regardless of the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point. So you're check/folding here as well?

Would you rather push here vs a good TAG?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 AM

Check folding when I'm playing disciplined... REst of the time..

I probably don't get to this spot vs a good tag-especially with stack sizes the way the are.

It would be a very tricky spot vs a good tag if we both had a psb left, would depend a lot on past history.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:00 AM

I think this hand is fine, great odds so check folding is not an option and if he is a calling station you donīt let him check behind when behind or pushing when he has the goods.
Nh.