Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 08:37 AM

Default IWTSTH At Wynn

I was playing at Wynn last week, in the 4/8 HE game, when someone asked to see a folded hand. The dealer politely refused, saying that the room no long allows that. When the requestor asked for an explanation, the dealer explained the historical use of the rule and said that if collusion is suspected, the player should speak to the floor away from the table.

I meant to talk to the floor to make sure I understood exactly what was not allowed, but I forgot after being called to another game. IWTSTH only came up once in many hours of play there.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Re: IWTSTH At Wynn

It's called IWTSTH now?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:35 AM

From what I know they did change the in house rule as it was becoming more and more frequent for people to request hands etc....

....The rule is supposed to be used strictly for collusion purposes...but as we know people tend to take advantage of that and now if the request is made and is a serious collusion request then they will call the floor over to show what they are doing, I think its in case the person repeatedly does it when dealers change....
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 AM

Best rule change ever.

Thanks, Wynn!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:24 PM

Yeah when I was there early this month I asked one of the dealers about it. She said they started the rule about 4 months ago because everyone was asking to see every hand, just to get info on the people playing. Slowed down the game etc.

I thought it was really wierd, cuz you basically never see people asking to see folded hands on the East Coast (FW and AC).
Old 07-24-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Progress!!!! - Perhaps we should thank Tommy Angelo!

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing at Wynn last week, in the 4/8 HE game, when someone asked to see a folded hand. The dealer politely refused, saying that the room no long allows that. When the requestor asked for an explanation, the dealer explained the historical use of the rule and said that if collusion is suspected, the player should speak to the floor away from the table.

I meant to talk to the floor to make sure I understood exactly what was not allowed, but I forgot after being called to another game. IWTSTH only came up once in many hours of play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you missed it here's an old article by Tommy Angelo. He was the first I'm aware of to speak out (in writing) against IWTSTH.

~ Rick

PS Michael O'Malley and Bob Ciaffone among others have also spoken out against IWTSTH in Card Player articles. Of course this has also been discussed on 2+2.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Progress!!!! - Perhaps we should thank Tommy Angelo!

I have no problem with this rule changed. What I hate though is idiots who bet the river, get called and then are too ashamed to flip over their hand after being called.

If I'm called and I dont want to showdown cause it was a dumb bluff I'll just autopitch my cards in the muck. Theres some idiots that will just sit there for 2 minutes waiting for the caller to flip over first though.

Huge pet-peeve of mine.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm called and I dont want to showdown cause it was a dumb bluff I'll just autopitch my cards in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take care that you don't make it profitable for someone to call you down with 4 high. I've seen it happen, (thanks to IWTSTH.)

(No, I wasn't the one who asked to see it.)

The best thing to do when caught in an insane bluff, of course, is to table your hand and say, "there is no possible way you can win."
Old 07-24-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing to do when caught in an insane bluff, of course, is to throw down your cards dramatically and shout "Seven high!" to offset your table image acquired in the previous two hours of folding hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-24-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best thing to do when caught in an insane bluff, of course, is to throw down your cards dramatically and shout "Seven high!" to offset your table image acquired in the previous two hours of folding hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow"> Gold!!! </font>

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]