Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 03:58 AM

Default Proper WA/WB?

This looked like a texbook WA/WB sitation against any normail 3-betting range. I was planning on maybe sticking a raise in on the river depending on the board, but it got a little scary. I just wanted to make sure this is a correct application of this line as it is something I have just recently been employing more. In the past I would usually raise to define my hand which is often disastrous, especially in these HU blind situations as i feel compelled to call down with any TP if he does raise and he folds a weaker hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 07-24-2006, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Proper WA/WB?

[ QUOTE ]
This looked like a texbook WA/WB sitation against any normail 3-betting range. I was planning on maybe sticking a raise in on the river depending on the board, but it got a little scary. I just wanted to make sure this is a correct application of this line as it is something I have just recently been employing more. In the past I would usually raise to define my hand which is often disastrous, especially in these HU blind situations as i feel compelled to call down with any TP if he does raise and he folds a weaker hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have recently began playing these kinds of hands like this as well. My thinking I believe is the same as yours here raising folds a weaker hand then ours and raising costs us more if villian is holding a stronger hand than ours. I think in the right situation you can raise turn or river as well. I like this play when I am in position as it does not allow villian to check behind you at any point.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:55 AM

How is this board on the river more scary then on the flop? If villain had an 8 T J Q K as a kicker we’re dead anyway on the flop. And if he had a flush draw he sure played it badly.

The only reason to be in this hand is if you have villain on A7 – A2. If that is your read then raise you can still think about raising the river. My play is same as yours, to be a “horrible calling station” on this hand, probably win max/loose min.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:27 AM

looks good.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:01 PM

I play it the same way. I do expect that we are behind more often than not, but I am not folding without very reliable reads.

Brian
Old 07-24-2006, 01:29 PM

I think you can fold the river. There's very little that he can have that you beat 1/7.

Buzz
Old 07-24-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can fold the river. There's very little that he can have that you beat 1/7.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

no wai
Old 07-24-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

no wai

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm too lazy to do the math, but we're playing for a chop against AQ and a win vs QQ. The others crush us, and TT is way discounted.

Buzz
Old 07-24-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

i really dont like folding this river in a blind position. I think his 3-bet range is MUCH wider in this situation.

And to the poster who asked how this river is scarier than the flop: I cant imagine a worse card coming on the river.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:34 PM

you're losing a lot of money if you're giving such a narrow range to sb against a button raise.