Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Late in $3r oop w/TT

Late in a $3r, 250 left, bubble bursts at 225. I'm at T70k, for an above average stack, big stack at the table.

Utg+1 is new to the table, arriving 2 hands ago with t90k, now t69k Limped 1st hand with K2s, paying off a tight player on a streak (who is the button in hand at question). Limped other hand as well, but folded on flop.

Button is TIGHT but on a streak lately getting his stack back to a workable level, although under average. Hasn't gotten out of line, mostly abc poker.

BB is a tricky tag. Nothing out of line but definitely playing the game, position and players, has good db stats as well.

If anyone's paying attention, I've been picking up more than my fair share of late position, uncontested pots. I did show down KK all-in v a s/s. Also stacked AA with a bb 2-pair special, getting me in position to start picking up those small pots.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t2000 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP2 (t31750)
MP3 (t47378)
Hero (t71610)
Button (t38096)
SB (t59438)
BB (t47399)
UTG (t70617)
UTG+1 (t69233)
MP1 (t21066)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t6000</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t6000, Button calls t6000, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t4000.

Thoughts? I wasn't worried at all with utg+1 but a raise just didn't feel right, can't justify why at all, I know....bad! Weak-tight looking for a safe flop/set? Or should I be playing tens faster here, out of position, thin the field as it were?

Flop: (t22800) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks.

Hero?

I'm not that worried about the 2 checks, I don't think they're getting tricky, they're just really thin. I seriously doubt the flop helped the button and I really don't feel like it's a draw, for what it's worth. Any 2 paint, a lot of aces and most pairs.

Don't think I coulda asked for a better flop! Why the hell else call with tens and get to this point? Either get to river cheap (which seems coutner point of having got to this specific point) or take it down now. Set the drag or snap the line?