Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Which to get.?

I know the question has been asked before but which would you get. I play mostly at poker stars, sometimes at party poker. I prefer NL holdem 95% of the time in tounrment style games. I've been debating between poker tracker with Heads up display and poker office. Cost wise tracker seems better as you can use it on 2 computers so you can split the cost with a friend. I don't really mult table, just looking for a extra edge in tournemnt play. I have tried playing some cash games, $25 NL and find it interesting.
I play $20 sit and go and mostly play break even poker.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Which to get.?

[ QUOTE ]
Cost wise tracker seems better as you can use it on 2 computers so you can split the cost with a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your PA Hud registration is for two computers that you own. Sharing registration codes is not permitted. I believe PokerTracker's registration is the same way.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cost wise tracker seems better as you can use it on 2 computers so you can split the cost with a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your PA Hud registration is for two computers that you own. Sharing registration codes is not permitted. I believe PokerTracker's registration is the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, must of missed read it. That that puts things on a more even setting I guess. The cost would be about the same.

I suspose another way to ask the question, do you think its worthwild to purchase a program when I don't really mutlitable? What would you do?
Old 07-22-2006, 10:04 PM

Poker Tracker w/PA Hud is simply the better program and has far more support from third party apps.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 AM

it has far more support for third party apps because it is such an incomplete product. Pokeroffice has it all. The one downside to pokeroffice, is it doesn't support as many sites.

cheers
Boon
Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Tracker w/PA Hud is simply the better program and has far more support from third party apps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mind telling why you think so?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:52 AM

Sorry I don't have much time to elaborate, but mainly:

1-PT has a lot of convenient little convenience features like how you can export cetain data etc that PO lacks. On the other hand, PO lets you filter hands by board type, which is pretty handy when you are analyzing Past hands and want to find specific situations. I would call it a tie on that front.

2-PT takes forever to import, but that's not really a problem - all you need to do is to open a second copy of PT and you can continue working while the first instance keeps going. On the plus side, PT is VERY stable while it's running - PO can easily become a resource hog, especially if you are multitabling with Live Tracker. I had way too many crashes w/PO, almost none w/PT.

3-PAHud blows PO's hud away. Period. There is no comparison.

4-Third Party support. You won't find products like SixthSense/PTS working with PO. And no, PO doesn't have it all. That goes for the future as well.

5-My personal experience is PT has better support than PO sould you need help.