Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 01:40 AM

Default Two hands from 10+1 PLO R/A Tourney

Hi all, been a lurker here for awhile, and decided to give this posting thing a try.

These hands are both from the same PLO tourney on Stars (10+1/One Rebuy/One Addon). Mods, if you feel these would be better in MTT, feel free to move. Now that that's out of the way...

Hand 1 I'm positive I screwed up really bad on just about every street, so I'm primarily looking for general comments as to how I could have played it better. I almost called MP1 (average player, hadn't really gotten out of line, maybe a bit looser than normal) on the river because I put him on something along the lines of KQxx by the way the hand played out, but after eating most of my time bank, I couldn't pull the trigger. Feel free to let me have it on this one, I'm really not happy about it.

Hand 2, the one thing I'm wondering is if there is anyway I could have possibly gotten away from this one PF. This isn't meant to be a disguised bad beat post (namely, because it wasn't a bad beat, harsh beat, but not a bad beat), and I'm not really upset about it, but I was just curious if any of the more experienced PLOers could have found a fold here, because I couldn't. Co here was 2nd chip leader of the tourney at the time, and was playing fairly fast.

Hand 1:

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Tournament
Blinds: t800/t1600
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t27260
UTG+1: t35140
MP1: t50708
MP2: t31560
MP3: t123214
CO: t51665
Button: t19282
SB: t37586
durkahdurkah: t71471

Pre-flop: (9 players) durkahdurkah is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 raises to t4004, 2 folds, CO calls t4004 (pot was t6404), Button folds, SB calls t3204 (pot was t10408), durkahdurkah calls t2404 (pot was t13612).

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t16016, 4 players)
SB checks, durkahdurkah checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t16016, 4 players)
SB bets t2200, durkahdurkah calls t2200 (pot was t18216), MP1 calls t2200 (pot was t20416), CO calls t2200 (pot was t22616).

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t24816, 4 players)
SB checks, durkahdurkah checks, MP1 bets t20000, 2 folds, durkahdurkah folds.
Uncalled bets: t20000 returned to MP1.

Results:
Final pot: t24816

Hand 2:

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Tournament
Blinds: t1500/t3000
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t19790
UTG+1: t42060
MP1: t47580
CO: t111588
Button: t81320
SB: t17957
durkahdurkah: t72623

Pre-flop: (7 players) durkahdurkah is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, CO raises to t10500, 2 folds, durkahdurkah raises to t30000, CO raises to t100500, durkahdurkah calls all-in t39623.
Uncalled bets: t30877 returned to CO.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t140746, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t140746)

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t140746, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t140746)

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t140746, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: t140746)

Results:
Final pot: t140746

Note: hopefully the converter works ok on this, it didn't look right in my preview

Thanks in advance for any help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Two hands from 10+1 PLO R/A Tourney

hand one, i reraise pot and push any flop. as played, either b/f flop or c/f flop.

hand 2, this time i dont reraise preflop becuase if im against AAxx, i dont want to get all my money in here because his stacks got us covered. Id rather just call and take a flop.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 PM

Hand 1 I would also reraise pot, you are OOP so you aren't going to have alot of leeway postflop if it goes 4 to an ugly flop. You have the best hand and should be able to make it about 20k to go unless I messed up, this is about half the effective stats and is good enough for me in a tournament. Would be an easy push on the flop then.

Hand 2 I would obviously reraise against shorter stacks, given that CO has you covered I am willing to just call and take a flop here rather than raise. You say CO has been raising alot and playing fast so given that read I'd be more willing to gamble as you did
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 AM

Hand 1 - I'd re-raise, in PLO i think it is fairly important not to flag yourself with aces unless you are putting in a significant portion of your stack to deny implied odds, in this case a pot sized raise is ~30% of your stack but is over 50% of all the over stacks

Hand 2 - Tough spot, if there had been some calls in front of CO I'd say a call is more prudent as it is then much more likely that he has a solid hand, however its folded to him and he's in the ideal stealing position, if the effective stack were significantly shorter or deeper I'd like the raise more, as it is a re-raise basicaly commits your whole stack when your opponent has aces, against the one player at the table you really dont want to mix with, I'd say just call and enjoy a positional advantage against the big stack with a hand with a lot of potential.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 AM

Thanks for the replies so far.

After thinking about hand 1 myself and reading the responses from you guys I think its pretty clear my major error was not reraising this hand PF and getting the rest of it in there on the relatively uncoordinated flop that came down. No problems there.

Hand 2 though, lets assume for a moment that instead of the reraise PF that commits my entire stack to this hand, I decide to call the t10500 raise from the BB, leaving myself ~t62,000, pot = t22,500. The flop comes as stated above:

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

giving me second set on a two flush board with very possible draws to broadway (and less likely to a wheel). I check, villian bets pot (which was very standard for him in hands I observed where he raised PF and was called, it was almost automatic). Whats my play? Call? Fold? Raise/Push?

For those of you who would say call, what would my plan be for the turn?

Would anyone lead out with a bet on the flop, considering I act first? Keep in mind almost any meaningful bet commits me for the rest of my stack.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 PM

i like betting out if u just call this flop. if he raises u AI then i will have to think and probably make the call (with the A as a blocker im okay with putting it in here and try and get a ton of chips). But if you bet 1/2 pot or full pot on flop ur putting in about 33% of ur remaining chips and basically telling him to put u all in here. I will basically be doing this with any safe flop or this flop here.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:38 PM

you played both hands perfect...
r/r pre in hand 1 is just stupid btw
Old 07-27-2006, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you played both hands perfect...
r/r pre in hand 1 is just stupid btw

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w the PF RR not being a good idea. Stack sizes are terrible for a RR preflop; you'll be left oop w a chunk of chips left and not knowing where you stand. Your opps will have the advantage.