Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Play both sides of this hand

$2/$4 NL 6 max. No strong reads.

MP ($400) limps. You have $300 and raise to $16 in the SB. The BB ($600) calls as does the limper.

Pot $48. Flop TT5 rainbow. You bet $32. BB calls and other guy folds.

Ok, this I assume is a good flop for him to float with something like 66.

Pot $112. Turn 2

If you the SB checks, the BB is going to bet just about every time right? Thats the whole point of floating. If the BB has a T hes going to bet to get value and if he has garbage hes going to bet to take it away.

Based on that assumption, isnt it best for the BB to check raise all in pretty much no matter what he has?

If the SB bets the turn , the BB is going to fold most times assuming he doesnt have a T. So why would the SB want to bet with AA / KK / AT?

Isnt a check raise all in better? And the SB can also check raise all in with QJs or whatever other hand he has because the BB cant call w/o a T which he will rarely have.

In this actual hand, I was the SB. I checked and the BB bet $62. You might bet more like $90, but he bet $62.

Does my logic of check raising almost any hand from the SB make sense here?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Play both sides of this hand

I think that your concept in general makes sense, but I think it falls apart a little bit based on this

[ QUOTE ]
No strong reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we really expecting an unknown to float this board, most of the time? Do we actually expect him to have air more often than a T? Do we expect him to fold his 99 most of the time?

Again, if it's such a great spot for a bluff, doesn't that mean that we shouldn't be c/ring with our AA/KK/AT to get max value? I mean, he's drawing at 2 outs, most of the time.

Of course, if you plan to make this move with any regularity, you'll need to mix it up with your strong hands, but as a default, I think that something like c/c turn, fake block river, or c/r / c/c (depending on strength of hand and agroness of villian) is a better line.