Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 03:07 PM

Default AJ in MP2 TPTK Flop

No reads on Villian, but I think his read on me is aggressive, maybe even a little of a maniac. I am pretty much the only one that raises and is super aggressive after the flop. The table has a good amount of c/cers, so I kind of stood out.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Villian calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Villian calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 07-21-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Re: AJ in MP2 TPTK Flop

No reads on Villian, I'd just check through. I don't think an unknown will be calling with a worse hand all that often.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:15 PM

What is the question again? The board is awfully coordinated and you are at a table of calling stations being called down by someone you have no reads on. On the turn you have 2nd pair and keep firing. If you got burned on the river betting second pair against a calling station don't worry too much they'll also call with J5o sometimes.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:36 PM

this is standard.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:10 PM

I get the feeling the villian won this since you made the comment about him noting that you were agressive.

That's one of the big problems I get with with passive villains. Not much to read and it feels like you're sinking a ton of money into them only to see they had a much better hand.

If I had to guess, the villian had KT but was worried you had the flush?

In the end I guess knowing that info isn't all that important, I'd probably play that the same and swear a lot when I lose.