Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 04:54 PM

Default pokermanager review

Hello,

First a disclaimer--I am not affiliated with the software nor do I make any monetary profit off of this review.

Now that being said, I want to tell you why I like it and think for $25 it is a steal!

1. It is VERY fast and will import quite a few hand histories from a few sites like PartyPoker (& all affiliates), PokerStars, Crypto, PokerRoom and skins, UltimateBet, Absolute. Soon to be added-- Prima, Paradise, Pacific, Ladbrokes, B2B. ***It imports exported hand histories from pokertracker..

1a. the hand replayer is laid out nice and works very well.
The hand replayer works across all but 2 of the tabs. For example, if you click on opponents tab and see who you have won the most/who has won most off of you, you will see games that you can click on and replay back/take notes and etc.
The hand replayer is very well integrated into everything therefore making it very nice for studying/finding leaks.

2. It has a very complicated analysis drill down tree for analyzing your hand play, bad beats and etc. The analysis features are hands above anything else that you can currently utilize. it also has a button which allows you to quickly view all the hands/games that you put notes in. Therefore it is very convenient for analyzing/examing your hands. I love this feature.

2a. One of the best features of pokermanager. Say you have played 5000k hands at pokerroom or another site and you start importing them in, you can still view all the tabs and see all of the stats and etc. It does not freeze up and become unusable. Therefore during importing of hand histories you still have access to 95% of the features and you do not have to wait around for the import to finish.

2b. It allows for sql queries to be run against the database for more advanced users.

3. Have I mentioned how fast it is. It is very simple to use and has intuitive controls.

4. The tabbed layout is wonderful and it makes accessing everything so quick and easy. For example, you click on the graph tab and you can have graphs drawn of many different things. You can then save the graphs as jpgs, or bitmaps. The graph will have as the title your BB/100 over how many dates and etc. You have to try this product out!

5. the hands tab allows you to see all the hands of a particular type, 2 pair, set, boat and etc and how those hands came out.

6. the opponents tab will quickly in a few seconds show you how much you have won/lost and to whom with the hands easily able to be replayed underneath. Very convenient.

7. the sessions tab gives you complete details about each session and with the ability from the sessions tab to graph each session. Wonderful stuff here.

8. it allows for autorating players and modifying this based upon your own criteria.

9. You can export to excel/xml and I find this very valuable.

10. it has an overlay like pokerace hud/pokeroffice but currently only works at party. Other sites will be added.

11. can be setup to have another computer hooked up via net and let it be the backend for the database. Very nice feature.

12. and many other features..to many to list!

Also, did I mention that if you have a problem/bug/request you can simply PM the developer and he will get back to you personally within a few minutes!

There are some problems.

1. the live overlay only supports one site for now party but this will be remedied in the future.

2. the hand replayer does not show pot odds and that would be nice to see.

If you have not tried it I would recommend you giving it a whirl. There is a fully functional trial version and you will not be disappointed.

cheers
Boon

I forgot to put the link to it
pokermanager
Old 01-20-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: pokermanager review

It sounds like this is a replacement for PokerTracker & PAHud. Is that correct?

I'm interested; I'll download the trial.
-Sam
Old 01-20-2006, 05:32 PM

Will it datamine Pokerroom HH?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:44 PM

Do you know how to import Party Poker hands exported from PokerTracker? I can't find the option to import these hands although it's an feature listed on their website. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 PM

yes in short however, it will only do one site right now - partypoker.

cheers
boon
Old 01-20-2006, 07:17 PM

It is not a pokerroom dataminer. It allows you to import hand histories into its database .

cheers
Boon
Old 01-20-2006, 07:19 PM

You export the pokertracker hand histories to a directory then you run pokermanager and then hit ctrl+I and it will ask you to browse to the directory where you exported your pokertracker files.

cheers
Boon
Old 01-20-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You export the pokertracker hand histories to a directory then you run pokermanager and then hit ctrl+I and it will ask you to browse to the directory where you exported your pokertracker files.

cheers
Boon

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. So far I'm very happy with this program, seems to run alot faster than PT even after adding all the hands in. Seems to have all the options of PT, and few other cool features. The overlay isn't that bad either. I liked the fact that it included a hand converter also.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Yes it is very cool. The analysis and modeling make it indispensable for my game and it is very fast!

cheers
Boon
Old 01-21-2006, 02:57 PM

I really like the software from what I've seen. Right now, it is only a start, as it still has some bugs that need taken care of. It is a LOT faster than pokertracker at importing hands. Thats what I really like about it, it is about 10x faster than pokertracker when the database gets large, so there is no need for multiple databases as with PT. (I was afraid to post anything about PManager before, as I saw the author got banned or something, with all of his posts deleted)