Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 06:52 PM

Default KK with nut draw

$2/$4 NL 6 max at Tribeca ($300 max buy in)

No reads because its my 2nd round. I just raised to $16 UTG with AA and called a $75 all in from a short stack.

Very next hand I have red KK in the BB.

3 limpers and I raise to $24. UTG calls and we're heads up.

Pot is $58. Flop Jd 9d 6h. I bet $40 and he calls.
Pot $138. Turn Ad. Whats my move? He has $236 left and I cover.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Re: KK with nut draw

Wow, really tough spot.

I think I would have bet a bit more on the flop, since it's pretty drawy, but your bet is okay.

Really weird turn card for you. It completes the flush draw, obviously, and also puts a couple of A/pair hands out in front, that might have smooth called the flop, too.

Two options, as I can see it.

You could throw out a blocker, and try to get a cheap river card, maybe bet $80. Against an unknown, this line is probably fine, but against an agro, I expect it to get raised a lot of the time. As a side not, I'll play my made flushes like that sometimes, too, for the same reason. Obviously, if he shoves, you don't have odds to call, unless you actually think you might have the best hand, some amount of the time.

Otherwise, you can check/call a decent bet (hopefully, although doubtfully with odds). And then check/fold the river without improvement. River bet size depending on turn bet size.

Usually, I don't think most players will fire that river barrell with these stacks, unless they can beat a pair of Ks.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Re: KK with nut draw

This is a very interesting spot IMO. UTG limp + call here so I I assume that he'll fold all worst PPs here to a bet. But that A is a great bluff card for him, and we sometimes get moved off the best hand if we check. But still, I think that too many hands are beating us here, so I'd check and call a reasonable bet, fold to a PSB type bet.