Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Default Empire July Bonanza

[ QUOTE ]
Hello ,

We've got a bonus bonanza that's bigger and better than ever before, the Empire July Bonanza!

Just play on EmpirePoker.com's great real money tables between 15:00 and 00:00 ET from July 20 to 24. Each day, the top 300 players (in terms of raked hands) will receive Bonanza rewards of up to 300 USD. This means that if you're among the highest ranking players over the entire five days of the July Bonanza, you could win a total of 1,500 USD!

You can track your progress through a special page during the promotion using the drop-down menu under the News and Events tab in the Lobby. To learn more about raked hands, visit our website.

Any winnings will be entered into your account within 24 hours after midnight on the day(s) you placed in the top 300 players.

Good luck on the tables and happy bonanza hunting!

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

Doesn't seem worth it to me at first glance, but someone might want to run the numbers, with guesses as to how many hands it will take to get the top prize.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Empire July Bonanza

That emails makes it seem like all 300 players each day recieve $300 but the link has a decreasing amount for each number of player down to #300 which is only $15 - no thanks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM

In general, can you get more 'unmentionable' on Empire, or on Party?
Old 07-19-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general, can you get more 'unmentionable' on Empire, or on Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

no party bought out empire..which comes with the no unmentionable that is part of party network's policy.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:08 PM

I'll be 9 tabling 6-max for probably 9 hours tomorrow. Should be fun....
Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes? I'm trying to find out which tables get raked hands the fastest so I can avoid them. I'm guessing it will either be 1/2 or NL50
Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't you clear way more bonus than $300 doing this at other sites? I just can't fathom how this could be worth it, unless you want to do it shearly for pride.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:48 AM

It will be at 25NL (to my knowledge pots must only reach $1 to count as a rake hand as of late on party/empire). 50NL might be slightly faster, but I am gonna be 9-12 tabling and I really don't want to 12 table 50NL.

I am but a small stake bonuswhore. $30 an hour is pretty damn good, expecially while playing 25NL. Pride plays a small part, but it is easily cancled out by the fact that I do not enjoy such long grinding sessions. I will be doing this on thursday and unless I completely underestimated my competition, also on saturday and monday. I'm spending friday with my girl, and on sunday I am in both the stars 1mill (via satellite) and the bodog 100k (via free entry thx to bodog) and I do not feel like 9 tabling while playing in 2 big money tounies.

So for a player who does not go above 2/4 or 50NL, its pretty nice if one does not mind hating poker for a brief period. Plus it will give me incentive to play a sick amount of hours and give me somemore always needed cash. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

To the death. Wish me luck strangers.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what stakes? I'm trying to find out which tables get raked hands the fastest so I can avoid them. I'm guessing it will either be 1/2 or NL50

[/ QUOTE ]

raked hands accumulate the fastest at 1/2 6-max limit hold em. THe pot is raked as soon as it hits 2.5BB's(contrasted to 5bbs at .5/1 or 5BB's at 2/4).
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 AM

Well, they basicly do this every single day at Pokeroom. They give out cash money to the people with the greatest number of raked hands. Every single day, 365 days a year.