Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Upcoming Stars HORSE cash games

Okay, it looks like its working in test. How about if we fire this thing up for real now? Lee, any updates on this?

Also, is there going to be any controls in place for abuse on skipping games? Should there be? If so, what would work?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Upcoming Stars HORSE cash games

Yeah, have tried it out and it seems to work fine. I don't think sitouts are handled differently from normal ring games though.

How is this handled on Full Tilt, or maybe they don't have HORSE ring games there (only SNGs/MTTs)?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this handled on Full Tilt, or maybe they don't have HORSE ring games there (only SNGs/MTTs)?

[/ QUOTE ]

full tilt only does horse as a tourney game
Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, it looks like its working in test. How about if we fire this thing up for real now? Lee, any updates on this?

Also, is there going to be any controls in place for abuse on skipping games? Should there be? If so, what would work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're eager to make some money!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're eager to make some money!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I hope so,...but even if I lose I'll be having fun.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this for a while and the best I can think of is to have a time charge instead of a rake, same as they do it in B&M mixed games.

In other news, I am pumped about this. HORSE is easily my favorite game and I have been playing many of the SNG's on Full Tilt. This will definately bring me back to Stars when it starts.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

collect 7.5BB from every player before they sit down, and the table automatically posts your blinds from this "bank"

if you leave, whoever takes your spot still has to pay, however your money will be added to the pot as dead blinds when it would have been your turn to post.

this has the added benefit of encouraging loose play(something that is often a problem when players will simply post their blinds and not even bother playing the razz round), as players that view themselves as already being stuck 7.5BB will try and gamble to win it back right away.

edit - i am referring to 7.5 big blinds, not big bets. (5bb + 5sb = 7.5BB)
Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this for a while and the best I can think of is to have a time charge instead of a rake, same as they do it in B&M mixed games.

In other news, I am pumped about this. HORSE is easily my favorite game and I have been playing many of the SNG's on Full Tilt. This will definately bring me back to Stars when it starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I considered that. But from the site's standpoint, I don't think they want what they are charging their players to be that explicit. A rake taken from the pot is almost invisible to the more causual players.

I thought about still making the person ante if he's sitting out in the Stud games. (I believe they do that in high limit games in the B&M) But I would not like that for a few reasons, main one being if I got disconnected. It would obviously be a very frustrating situation.

So I'm not sure what would work. There's might be no great solution for this. Think might just have to take the bad with the good. One thing that might be good is that they are supposedly offering both HOSE and HORSE. I'm interested in the HORSE. So, I'm thinking there will be more players, trying to 'simulate' their own HOE, HO, OE ect games in the HOSE setup.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM

I don't like the direction this thread has taken. It really should be about how awesome mixed games are and how awesome it will be to have mixed cash games on a big site.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 PM

they dont make people ante when they take a break in high limit stud games. it should not be an issue. most people will play all of the games and those that dont should not be a big issue. when will this happen, ive been wanting a good mixed game for a long time?
matt