Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Did I played this hand poorly?

Hello,
I'm not sure if I played this hand poorly, so I'd like to hear oppinions. Villan had only 5 outs on the river and hit.
Should I had bet more on the turn? I'm not sure, on one side he didn't had pot odds to call (may be he had implied odds), but on the other side the pot was already big and I could had take it there instead of asking for a call.
Should I had folded on the river? I'm almost sure I had to, here I could only beat 99, and his possible holdings on my opinion is a single J (as it happened) or an overpair to the board, so both beat me. I knew I was beat when I called, I think I called just for being frustrated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO: Villan ($11.05)
Button ($9.95)
SB ($8.25)
BB ($2.05)
Hero ($9.40)
UTG+1 ($3.40)
MP1 ($13.05)
MP2 ($16.70)
MP3 ($4.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Villan calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises to $0.4</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets $1.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Villan calls $1.80.

River: ($7.20) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets $2.3</font>, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $11.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th Ts (full house, jacks full of tens).
Villan has Ks Jc (four of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Villan wins $11.80. </font>
Old 07-18-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Did I played this hand poorly?

No matter what you bet on the turn, villain would have called with a J here. Don't worry about results here.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:54 PM

you are destined to get stacked here, don't worry about it, it happens.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 PM

consider raising preflop, i havent played fullring in a long time but you should be raising TT UTG some of the time.

Also, pot the flop, lot of draws out there and its 4way. And depending on villain you may find a fold to the minraise (if he's really tight-passive).

turn is fine but i'd c/r a bit more so the river will be a easier push for him to call (at this point a river push will be 5.9 into 7.20 pot)
If you c/r to 3.5, the river push will be 5.4 into a 8.20 pot which will be a lot easier for him to call imo.

and on the river, i'd value bet it, i think you'll be missign out value against a 9 and reluntantly call a push since we're pot committed.

oh, and reload preflop