Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 07:58 AM

Default Aussie Millions 07

Hey guys.

The Aussie Millions are on in Melbourne from January 4-19. It's a cool tournament and a good chance to see Australia if you haven't done.

Who's in or interested??

If you have any questions regarding the event/Melbourne, I'll do my best to answer.

PS. The event does clash with the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure (January 6-13).

PPS. Given that poker players are generally a pretty slack bunch and aren't thinking this far ahead, yes I'll promote it more later in the year [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Aussie Millions 07

I understand that FSN's telecast of the 2007 Aussie Millions will be title-sponsored by FullTiltPoker.NET.

Given the politics of televised poker, I would expect the following to happen:

1. Those pros under contract to endorse PokerStars.NET will play the PokerStars.NET Caribbean Adventure, which will remain a WPT event in 2007.

2. Those pros under contract to endorse FullTiltPoker.NET will play in the Aussie Millions.

Note that FSN will likely digitally edit out all logos with the exception of the FullTiltPoker.NET logo on its 2007 Aussie Millions broadcasts.

FSN digitally edited out ALL logos with the exception of the "PartyPoker" logo on its 2006 Aussie Millions broadcasts. PartyPoker.NET was the title sponor of the FSN telecast of the 2006 Aussie Millions.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:29 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

man why did they schedule rigt around the pokerstars tourney? not good idea imo
Old 07-17-2006, 02:37 PM

Last year's Aussie Millions ME took 5 days, so it would start the 14th and allow people to play both. Travel might be a bit rough though.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:40 PM

I went in 06 and had a great time in Australia and in New Zealand during my trip. The tournament itself was run very well, but I was surprised by the lack of higher stakes cash games that were going on. I was with my wife touring while not playing in the tournament, so it was no big deal for me. But I had gone over for just poker, I would have been disappointed.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:01 PM

I am in. I am leaving for Australia in October to travel. I will most likely stay in Melbourne for 4 months during that time. PM me when the event is near.

Richard
Old 07-17-2006, 04:13 PM

It's complicated and a pretty busy time I think.

The World Poker Open in Tunica is a pretty big deal also that takes place right after that usually (mid to late January).
Last year they had a WSOP-circuit $10k event at the Grand in Tunica run back-to-back with the WPO $10k event at the Gold Strike Tunica.
Although I don't know if they will have back-to-back $10k events in Tunica again this year.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:16 PM

Probably a lot of qualifiers via Party which lessens the number of high-cash games I think.
Lots of low-stakes recreational players who are just happy to be there and are more likely to want to play 4/8 limit when they aren't in the tournament.

Kind of like the Party Cruise although it seemed there may have been a little more mid/high stakes action on the last one.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

also isnt the rake absurd over there? that may cause some players not playcash games
Old 07-18-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also isnt the rake absurd over there? that may cause some players not playcash games

[/ QUOTE ]

All 20/40 and up games (and I assume similar sized NL games) are "red chip games," so that when there's a flop, $5 is dropped. 4/8 is raked at 10% up to $6. Yes, it's pretty gross.