Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:53 PM

Default 200bb deep with 1 pair vs. a giant donkey

MP is the reason I'm at the table, has shown a willingness to gamble and call large reraises preflop. He is quite bad.

Umm...standard?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($128.46)
CO ($130.55)
Button ($51.85)
Hero ($109)
BB ($50.23)
UTG ($33.67)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $12.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $11.25, Button folds.

Flop: ($28.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, MP calls $25.

Turn: ($78.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $71 (All-In), MP calls $71.

River: ($220.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $220.25
Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: 200bb deep with 1 pair vs. a giant donkey

Looks good to me.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Looks fine to me.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM

If you think he will always bet the turn if you check it to him I like a check raise all in I would most likely play it the way you did though...
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM

FWIW this post is not results oriented at all, the turn push felt just wrong.

Are any worse hands calling turn shove?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:11 PM

Dangerous board. pairing of the nines is always not something we look for. Hard to know where your at with something like this board.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW this post is not results oriented at all, the turn push felt just wrong.

Are any worse hands calling turn shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you mean by "bad." Will he call there with a naked Q, a straight draw, or a flush draw? If so, then bet away. If your plan is to get it all in on the turn (which is obviously a good plan againt this villain), there's really no backing out once the turn hits, is there?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dangerous board. pairing of the nines is always not something we look for. Hard to know where your at with something like this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 is a good card. We beat QJ now.

Quark,
IMO, your line is fine because of your read that he is a donk. He may choose to call with a Q, J, FD or SD. If you check the turn he checks behind a lot, then you have a tough river decision because several cards would force you to check again (like the J that hit, for example), which loses a lot of value from hands like AQ that you beat.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quark,
IMO, your line is fine because of your read that he is a donk. He may choose to call with a Q, J, FD or SD. If you check the turn he checks behind a lot, then you have a tough river decision because several cards would force you to check again (like the J that hit, for example), which loses a lot of value from hands like AQ that you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so he was a super donk, 80/23/1.67 I think my line is fairly standard vs. an opponent that might stack off with Top pair or a FD or SD.

How would your line change (same stack sizes, preflop raise) but vs. a 30/20/6 player?

C/F?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quark,

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so he was a super donk, 80/23/1.67 I think my line is fairly standard vs. an opponent that might stack off with Top pair or a FD or SD.

How would your line change (same stack sizes, preflop raise) but vs. a 30/20/6 player?

C/F?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping someone else would answer first so I don't have to. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

It's hard to say without specific reads, but in general I'm checking and probably folding to a serious turn bet. A solid player who calls the big PF reraise then calls the PSB on the flop has a pretty defined range, imo. AA-99, maybe smaller FDs. You having the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] takes A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] out of the picture, so I think his hand is probably a made hand more often than a draw. TT is one of the few hands he'd play that way that we beat.