Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM

Default $109 PS and $55: Evaluate a few hands please.

On the first one, how was my call of his reraise? Also I'd like to verify the right move on the flop.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1150)
UTG+1 (t1755)
MP1 (t1570)
MP2 (t1425)
Hero (t1665)
CO (t1600)
Button (t1400)
SB (t1295)
BB (t1640)

Preflop: Hero is in MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t360</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, Hero calls t240

Flop: (t765) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t360</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Just curious if you think I played this correctly:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t4730)
CO (t4915)
Button (t1090)
SB (t1385)
Hero (t1380)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t150</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t100

Flop: (t325) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t250</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t500</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Re: $109 PS and $55: Evaluate a few hands please.

Hand 1 you have to fold against a solid player and usually even against a donk. I would fold pf.

Hand 2 I wouldve reraised pf but as played it looks ok except I hate the minreraise.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM

1) Fold
2) Please RR.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM

1st hand) His reraise puts him in the AQ/AK/AA/KK/QQ range. Of these, AK and AQ are most likely. Actually, I'd expect an AA or KK to not reraise so much preflop, as they'll want a call, but I wouldn't factor this too much into my play as it definitely doesn't always apply. After the flop, he bets less than half, often a sign of weakness, and occasionally a bet designed to suck you in. I'm pushing all in here. If he has the AA/KK/QQ, then so be it, but more often than not, he's sitting on AK/AQ and either pays you off or folds.

2nd hand) Not a bad way to play it with the slow play. Then only thing I'd mention is that if you reraise strongly as the big blind, he may remember that next time he wants to steal.