Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 03:15 AM

Default BB w/ AJo, vs hijack, I pay off?

No reads, he 3 bets the flop with a 2 flush, then the flush comes. I was thinking he probably had me beat but I called anyway incase he was really aggressive with a weaker ace. Should I have folded turn?

Sorry about the converter dont know whats up with that.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J.
[color=#666666]5 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP3 raises</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) A, 4, 8 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP3 bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 4 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) Q [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB
Old 07-12-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Re: BB w/ AJo, vs hijack, I pay off?

Has this guy been stealing alot from the HJ. Seems in games I'm in, if it's folded to the HJ, it's almost a gaurantee that the HJ, CO or Button are raising. Though the HJ is usually a stronger hand to where CO and Button range can be interchangeable.

If he's a chronic stealer, 3 bet preflop.

Other than that, since it is HU in a possible steal situation, if he's that aggro, call him down.

b
Old 07-12-2006, 03:41 AM

My blind stealing/defending is easily the worst part of my game. That being said, I play it the same way you did.

(Take that for what it's worth!)
Old 07-12-2006, 05:44 AM

My line is going to depend on who I'm up against. Their are a lot of hands that beat me on the river. If its a player who I know for a fact would play that way with just Q high, then I'm calling down or even reraising the river, ie. taking a more agressive approach. You may even want to think about betting out on the flop, if he raises you three bet and then see what he does. If he caps without hesitation you can probably either fold, or check/call and hope he's on a stone cold bluff or worse A. Against a TAG I think you may just want to fold and pick a better spot to take a stand, or peel one off and hope to hit two pair on the turn.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:45 AM

Also, you've posted the hand in FlopTurnRiver format, you need to change it to 2+2 format and you'll be fine.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:57 AM

I'd 3 bet preflop, bet out on the flop and I would've bet the turn. Then if he raises me I'd call, and if the river is no spade I'd check and call. But, for me as well, blind defending is probably the worst part of my game. A flop check raise is so... unpredictable. It tells you so little of his hand, and it's so often a bluff in a stealing situation that he might very well 3bet with nothing but a draw. If you bet on the flop and he raises you, you can 3bet and see if he caps. Not many people cap with nothing. If he does cap, you bet the turn, and he raises again, you can safely fold.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:34 AM

I would never fold this hand against someone who opened at MP3.

I like reraising before the flop better than callling since it lets us take control of the hand and may get him to fold aj/aq after the flop if you both miss.

I don't really like the turn check since if he had jj-kk or a smaller ace with a spade we are giving him a free card to beat us.