Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 05:37 PM

Default ok, I like my hand but he likes his too

just posted so no reads which kinda sucks the big one. All I can tell you is that this hand was played in offpeak party time (evening in australia so sometime around sunrise in the states and whatever that makes it in Europe etc) and many 0.5/1 tables at this time are tight

you'd probably be right if you thought I was going WA/WB on the turn/river....

waddyathink? wa/wb? lead out on turn or river or sex it up with a cr?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: ok, I like my hand but he likes his too

Without reads there isn't much else you can do. I'd hope for a split, expect to lose to AK, and not be surprised by KK. At least now you have the startings of a read on this guy.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:41 PM

Aussie I really don't like the flop bet. The rest is fine. A C/R on the turn or river is spewage IMO without a read.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aussie I really don't like the flop bet. The rest is fine. A C/R on the turn or river is spewage IMO without a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

sean, can you elaborate on why you don't like the flop bet? i think we get value sometimes from a hand like JJ or 88 that will call but that might not bet. also, by betting, we gain some information (yes, i said it) that we can use to decide whether to bet the turn or not.

i agree with the rest.

also, as i'm sure everyone knows, the standard wa/wb is to b/f the river. in this case, i prefer c/c because i definitely want to show down.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:15 PM

I'm playing it the same way as it was played.

To echo a few other posters, why is a flop bet bad here? I agree with tyler that a hand like 88, TT, JJ calls on the flop. I'm slowing down and check-calling the turn and river as was played.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with tyler that a hand like 88, TT, JJ calls on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you WANT to be called by those hands, with additional players yet to act and an ace and two-flush on the board? The only point I see in betting is if you think you can protect your hand, but in a pot this size that's going to be impossible. Or you can go immediately into WA/WB mode against unknowns. I'm probably playing it the way Aussie did, because I want to give crappy two-pair and weak flush draws a chance to fold incorrectly, not because I want to be called by 88 or JJ.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you WANT to be called by those hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course.

[ QUOTE ]
The only point I see in betting is if you think you can protect your hand, but in a pot this size that's going to be impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm probably playing it the way Aussie did, because I want to give crappy two-pair and weak flush draws a chance to fold incorrectly, not because I want to be called by 88 or JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

These things don't really work together.

Obviously, we would like for Villain to raise with a worse hand, but that usually doesn't happen.

As far as protection, we have nothing to protect. There are almost no meaningful two pair draws available. A2-A8 are drawing to runner-runner or chopping outs. AT/AJ are drawing to 3 outs. A flush draw is never folding.

In short, boz, i have no idea what you're talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 07:19 PM

Tyler i just think betting completely gives our hand away. It probably doesn't matter much some people just can't fold a decent PP and others may not bet with that same PP and just call down which makes a flop bet good. I just like check/calling.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:29 PM

Why would we care about giving away our hand unless we're planning to c/r? Since i think c/ring is bad (we either get 3bet by a better hand or shutdown/fold a worse hand), i still don't follow your argument.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:21 PM

*blindpost* I like your line.

Don't want to be spewing chips against AK or 3-of-a-kind.