Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM

Default A Schneids hand for discussion

this hand is right from mikey's blog and i briefly discussed it with him.

i had a more in depth discussion about it over the phone witht he villian (newhizzle)

they apparantly have a good deal of history at this game (200/400).

mikey raises AQ UTG, whizzle 3 bets in the CO and mikey 4bets. HU.

flop is Jhigh rag rag. mikey bets whizzle calls.

turn is rag. mikey bets whizzle calls.

river is rag. mikey now checks and whizzle bets. his body langauge on the river could be interpreted as uncomfortable or possibly like he is bluffing.

comments on play so far? preferred river action for mikey? likely whizzle hands? (aka DONT go read the blog and tell what his hand is...so no obvious comments about "whizzle had XYZ")

i'll throw in some fun thoughts about river later and/or if nobody is interested in discussing the hand.

also, mikey, if it's not ok to post hands from your blog after we talk about them just let me know and i'll delete this asap.

Barron
Old 07-11-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: A Schneids hand for discussion

how many ppl at the table?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:33 PM

If this is a fullish table I fold this river. I probably would have given up on turn.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many ppl at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

if i remember correctly it was full ring or close to it, also, i think i posted in the CO(mikes blog says i did, i dont really remember, but its very likely)
Old 07-11-2006, 05:53 PM

Whether CO posted makes some difference in the analysis, but otherwise the hand seems ordinary. I'm curious to see what your fun thoughts are.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:56 PM

how can AQ call this river? to checkcall AQ would rely on Newhizzle having had played his hand wrong so far... What I mean is, what worse hand would just call-call in position and then bluff the river on this board? KQ? AT? 98s? They shouldn't be around by the river. Moreover, to raise and cap UTG, bet flop, bet turn Schneids has represented a big hand showdown-bound and Newhizzle has to expect Schneids' check on river is either going to be a checkcall or checkraise and thus a bluff is throwing money away...
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can AQ call this river? to checkcall AQ would rely on Newhizzle having had played his hand wrong so far... What I mean is, what worse hand would just call-call in position and then bluff the river on this board? KQ? AT? 98s? They shouldn't be around by the river. Moreover, to raise and cap UTG, bet flop, bet turn Schneids has represented a big hand showdown-bound and Newhizzle has to expect Schneids' check on river is either going to be a checkcall or checkraise and thus a bluff is throwing money away...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where the fun starts.

what does a river c'r represent? and what do you do if mikey checks this river and you have 88? 99? AK?

Barron
Old 07-11-2006, 07:07 PM

This whole thread is just fishing for someone to say checkraise the river. And withotu knowing what is going on between them, I don't see how anyone can recommend that play.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:10 PM

Schneids is a poker god. End of discussion.

Any conclusions that you may or may not draw from, over analizing this hand, will not apply to if, even the same conditions and the same players ever present themselves again in the future.

Another bottle of red. Please!.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is just fishing for someone to say checkraise the river. And withotu knowing what is going on between them, I don't see how anyone can recommend that play.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, where i was headed with this was c'ring TT here for value if thats what mikey had. 4th level PWNING some poor cat!

further, despite not being tehre, consideringa ll options here is always important. given the way mike played his hand, 88/99 that value bets now has to pay off but the way whizzle played the hand could just as well be AK and AK is just as likely combinatorically.

so if AK can't call (and it looks basically like he has exactly 88/99/TT/maybe RARELY AJ or AK) then if you plan on playing AQ to this river, c'ring it is a must some of the time both for value and as a bluff.

i thought that analysis was interesting and didn't wanna just come out w/ it b/c i wanted it to develop from discussion.

anyways, there it is.

Barron