Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 PM

Default OOP PF vs a poster

how do u guys adjust ur opening ranges when there's a CO poster if ur in the HJ? ive thought about it a little and am kind of clueless.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:09 AM

Default Re: OOP PF vs a poster

I probably play pretty similarily. Probably fold q10o, j10o, a9o type hands that i might be raising otherwise.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how do u guys adjust ur opening ranges when there's a CO poster if ur in the HJ? ive thought about it a little and am kind of clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually tighten up my raises in this spot. Although theres extra money in the pot, youre never taking this money down without seeing a flop, and most likely youll be playing a 3-4 handed pot OOP. I believe this latter problem outweighs the positive effect of the extra money in the pot.

Some example hands of how I would play differently. Hands like A9o,KTo,K9s,A5s I would normally open with in the HJ, now turn into folds for me with the CO poster in there.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Loosen your standards. You raise he's folding plenty of hands. If he folds that's good dead money in the pot. If he just calls, as opposed to 3-betting, thats usually a loose call which is good for you as he's putting in money with a worse hand. Also, anyone who is posting when not the BB is probably dumb and bad so it's worth it to get as much money as possible in against him, imo.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Loosen your standards. You raise he's folding plenty of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know what planet you play poker on, but 6 max posters never fold.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Some example hands of how I would play differently. Hands like A9o,KTo,K9s,A5s I would normally open with in the HJ, now turn into folds for me with the CO poster in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's a bit too tight. I would definitely open AXs KTo+ K9s+ A9o+ against unknowns. If blinds are loose then yes, they become folds.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's a bit too tight. I would definitely open AXs KTo+ K9s+ A9o+ against unknowns. If blinds are loose then yes, they become folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont play in games where the blinds are tight, so this goes without saying. Naturally if the blinds were somehow tight defenders, that would change things for me, but honestly do these people even exist anymore on party?