Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Low limit SNGers Unite...

Someone tell me if this already exists because I dont know of it and am interested.

I would like to have some sort of group or whatever, I dont know what you would call it, in which players in the 11s and 22s or there abouts can exchange tournament hand histories for review from similar buyin players.

At first, it would seem, the advice from low limit players would not be as valuable as advice from seasoned posters on these boards, but you can't post an entire tournament history on the boards. And I know for me, there can sometimes be an issue in deciding which single hand was the most important for me to post it. Also, the more hands that a person is able to critique, imo, increases their overall ability, and their ability to make these tough decisions in real time game situations. It would make sense that not long after a group of people were all reviewing each others play, that they would all increase their playing ability, at least up to par with the best player in the group, and hopefully beyond...

With that said, the purpose of this post is not to validate the benefits of being active in such a group, but to seek out interested parties.

If something of this sort exists in other forms, please respond as to how your group is run logistically speaking...

*Also, disregard gay title, didn't know wtf to say...
Old 07-10-2006, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Low limit SNGers Unite...

I have seen this in the cash table forums and I think it would be a good idea.

Maybe also if we could get one of the high limit players to review a HH every now and then just to make sure we are not donkin it with our reviews.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:26 PM

I would be totally down to try something like this, how do you get one of these groups set up?
Old 07-10-2006, 09:41 PM

one primitave option is just to e-mail hand histories and copy everyone in a group e-mail... maybe we could do like each person can send 5 tournament histories per day to each person or some type of rotation thing I dunno..

it does not take long to review an entire history using the replayer tools available...

if everyone just posts interest here, we can just give our e-mail addresses and start it up.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:02 PM

I would be in for sure!

I would suggest the following:
1.Each player would email the group a hand history, preferably one that seems interesting or where there were a number of seemingly questionable hands.
2.Each player in the group would then read/watch the HH and record comments in the text of each hand history.
3.The owner of the hand history would then compile the comments directly into that hand history, so that they would be viewable in the replayer
4. The end product would be similar to "Indiana's gift to the forum"
4. The owner of the history would re-email the history with comments back to the other players.

This way each player would have the benefit of seeing the comments of multiple readers. Plus, the readers themselves would get to see how their advice/recommendations stacks up against the others.

Thoughts?
Old 07-10-2006, 10:24 PM

I would suggest forming up groups of 3 or 4 people at about the same level - similar ideas of emailing hand histories etc.... but each group can figure out how they want to go about it.

Obviously post interesting/debatable hands for others input.

For some reason I see 30 people signing up and it become spam in an inbox.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 PM

I like the idea Frinkenstein, I was going to suggest how they do it in SSNL where you take turns partnering with someone in the group and rotate every week, but your idea sounds even better. The only worry I have is that if the group gets too big (not sure what that number would be), it might be -EV reviewing/compiling so many HH due to it taking time away from playing.

We could cross the 'too big' bridge when we get to it (maybe break the review groups into smaller sub groups but we all still get the finished compiled product).

I suggest PMing igotBlackJack your email if you are interestested and he can link all interested together (assuming you don't mind igotBlackJack). *edit* - looks like igot does mind getting PMed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In any case, count me in. I just restarted my bankroll so I am at the $11 speeds.

~Teck
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 PM

i'll check on that whole "I mind thing" because I certainly dont... brb...
Old 07-10-2006, 10:56 PM

Yeah I'm down for some kind of study group. Just so long as it doesn't turn into a 30 e-mail spam thing like BHokie said. Small rotating groups would probably be best. Or something like that.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM

OK i dont mind getting PM's now...

my thoughts on logistics... I think frinks idea is great... I got to thinking about if I commented and replied, then all the comments would not be visible to everyone, and IMO reading comments is almost better than seeing how someone plays a hand...

As far as getting bogged down... I think the people who contribute the most will get the most use out of it, and will eventually, weed out the people that are less interested/motivated/ or just have available time...

Start this by PMing me your e-mail address and we'll get 'er goin..