Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Ladies - river decision (turn too)

Both villains are about 50/25/2, no concrete/useful reads on them yet.

-------------------

Pacific Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9SB, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

<font color="#0000ff">When SB check-raised I put him on trying to push out UTG and UTG+1. When UTG+1 reraised I saw this as either him having a made hand or possibly trying to push me off of my hand. I didn't want to fold my overpair that easy so I just called.</font>

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (15.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero ???

<font color="#0000ff">Since they both seemed to fail at whatever they were trying to do on the turn, what do I do now? Raise? Call?.... Fold?</font>
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Ladies - river decision (turn too)

I'd bet. I don't think you can raise, call, or fold here.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:55 PM

its checked to you on the river right so raising isnt an option and folding would be lol. I'd bet here without question. Turns tougher but I think its relatively clear cut your getting about 6:1ish with questionable outs and the raiser left to act behind you. I don't think you can fold it because of the times you have the hidden outs to counterfeit two pair in addition to just the diamonds and/or the two queens or simply have the best hand right now with the UTG semibluffing a pair picked up draw or trying to protect his hand (the diamonds alone of which making calling 2 here +EV if your draw is good even against a currently small made flush) I dont see a reason to cap you're not gettin even the small out with the K or A of diamonds and 3 bettors not going anywhere unless ur WA maybe you could get a free showdown but that doesnt warrant not just going into call down mode here in position.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:00 PM

hmm probably should have spaced that response out a bit more ive never been one for paragraph spacing let alone punctuation to split up my nonsensical run on sentences. let me know anyone if any of it is befuddling
Old 07-10-2006, 09:02 PM

T2 no longer good. so bet.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet. I don't think you can raise, call, or fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I hate you all.

Thank you for the advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll *bet*!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:42 PM

On the turn, I feel like I'm losing, and I'm drawing to my flush. If I had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I'm folding to the turn 3bet.

On the river, I've counterfeited somehands, but I'm never betting here. I figure I'm losing on the turn, I feel I'm still losing on the river.

Just check behind and hope you win.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I feel like I'm losing, and I'm drawing to my flush. If I had Q Q I'm folding to the turn 3bet.

On the river, I've counterfeited somehands, but I'm never betting here. I figure I'm losing on the turn, I feel I'm still losing on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

to this whole post.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I feel like I'm losing, and I'm drawing to my flush. If I had Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I'm folding to the turn 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is close to the exact post I would have made

True
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I ended up going with the checkeroo, then posted it here immediately after [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] As long as my decision wasn't completely idiotic I'm happy.