Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 06:04 PM

Default FullTilt Monthly Main Event Freerolls

Full Tilt offers a freeroll with 20 seats to players that earn 10k FT points or to players that play a lot of WSOP qualifiers. I might end up in the top 50 and I'm wondering if I should play it or just have my affiliate unregister me since they charge your portion of the freeroll against your rake.

Anyone played one of these the last few months? How many people would you expect for this weekend? There's obviously good overlay (despite them charging your rake for it) and probably a percentage of players that are just sitting out. Anyone have info on it?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: FullTilt Monthly Main Event Freerolls

There have been about 700-750 people playing, so roughly 1 in 35 earns a seat. About 20% of the qualifiers are no-shows, so that scoots it down to a little below 1 in 30. I believe it costs about $80 in rakeback to play. Hope that helps.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:25 PM

Can someone explain how this charging of rakeback works?

What other tournaments do they do this for? I'm confused as to what this is? If the tournament is worth $300 why are they charging you $80. And if its a freeroll why charge anything. Any link explaining this would be appreciated.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain how this charging of rakeback works?

What other tournaments do they do this for? I'm confused as to what this is? If the tournament is worth $300 why are they charging you $80. And if its a freeroll why charge anything. Any link explaining this would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

They take the cash value of anything you get from the store or any tourneys you play with $$$ added to the prizepool out of your MGR.

Your rakeback is a percentage of your MGR, so it only costs you 27% of what is taken from your MGR.