Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 04:18 PM

Default If everyone plays super tight, no one can win.

Poker is bs.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Re: If everyone plays super tight, no one can win.

POTY
Old 01-19-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POTY

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure we can call it so early in the year ... Thundercat may come back and trump it.

It is certainly worthy of candidacy though.

mj
Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to pounce on nits.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:17 PM

There's an optimal strategy for No Limit Hold'em,meaning you can't be exploited even if your opponents no exactly what your doing. A big part of that that strategy is simply reraising with AA, KK, QQ, AK, after someone has opened for a raise, and folding everything else. If the entire table is suuuuuuper [censored] tight, NO ONE CAN WIN and so-called goood players cant beat you. There's sooo much discussion about soo many topics in life, and its alll [censored] bs. The answers are simple and obvious, but so many people are stupid and dont see it that way, and hero worship. Truth is, poker is hustling, find some suckers clean them out. End of story.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's an optimal strategy for No Limit Hold'em,meaning you can't be exploited even if your opponents no exactly what your doing. A big part of that that strategy is simply reraising with AA, KK, QQ, AK, after someone has opened for a raise, and folding everything else. If the entire table is suuuuuuper [censored] tight, NO ONE CAN WIN and so-called goood players cant beat you. There's sooo much discussion about soo many topics in life, and its alll [censored] bs. The answers are simple and obvious, but so many people are stupid and dont see it that way, and hero worship. Truth is, poker is hustling, find some suckers clean them out. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Want to play HU?

btw, while this post is incredibly amusing--mostly because of how breif it is--this guy does not have anything on thudercat. i mean, TC is able to make amusing posts on a variety of topics in multiple subforums.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:52 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

Sure, that does apply to NLHE--it's one of the reasons why the cash games periodically dry up--but it doesn't apply to other games.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:43 PM

I'm talking about 10 handed, obviously, idiot. Anyone says anything to different around here, hes automatically labeled a moron. When the truth is, most of you are the morons.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:59 PM

I disagree with that idea of AA, KK, QQ, and AK making you a winner. If you follow that, you're playing approx. 2.55% of hands dealt to you (about 1 in 40), and paying blinds for 15% of hands dealt to you(1bb + 1/2sb). Even if your opponents DON'T know what you're doing, they'll be able to tell that you're incredibly tight, and either fold preflop, quickly preventing you from getting your +6bb to cover your expenses (1.5bb/round, 4rounds/hand played), or else clean you out when they decide to take a flop and hit it better than you (set, straight, flush, twopair, or even just a pair against your AK that misses).

Therefore, I conclude that poker is not "bs." Perhaps you didn't think about your comment thouroughly before wasting thread space.

As for your heading "if everyone plays tight, no one can win," that's true. If everyone at the table plays as tight as you've suggested, most of the time, the blinds will just rotate until somebody picks up a good hand. However, a loose aggressive opponent (or even somebody who doesn't know how to play poker, but was instructed to raise preflop every hand, and fold to resistance) would rake in the winnings. The fact is, your suggestion is TOO tight to be correct.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:07 PM

I mean after someone opens for a raise, you only play AA-QQ, AK. Youll open yourself with more hands,when you open, you have the vig of taking out the blinds. And theres some post flop play, but its not that complicated. Far less complicated than most of you believe.