Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 07:45 PM

Default IWitness Questions

I had a little trouble finding the answers in the original thread so I thought maybe someone could give me a quick hand if I started a new thread.

First, I used the code from the original post in that thread since I couldn't figure out where the code started on the overcards page (so I'd have the version with the box that comes up and allows you to choose your limits). My version right now just does the limits which I happen to be looking at. It works fine but I'd like to figure it out so I can use it potentially for shorthanded games and SNGs.

Also, possibly because of the problem above, I can't get the tables to stop popping up every minute or so. Is there a way to make sure they always stay minimized? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Re: IWitness Questions

I'll add another question, since I'm having trouble with it as well.

I have v2.16, and it will not close the SNGs after they finish. The tables just sit there indefinately. So, for me anyway, all this program does it open up 10 tables...and then it's done. Until I can figure out how to get it to close the tables when the tournies are done, the tool is essentially useless for SNGs.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:22 PM

Hello, I can't even get it to open. I always have an error in line 907 for piece sakes.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used the code from the original post in that thread since I couldn't figure out where the code started on the overcards page

[/ QUOTE ]The code is in a differently colored box than the instructions on the page at the OC.
-Sam

Tip: I suggest you hit "ctrl-a, ctrl-c", and paste the whole page into a text editor; it's easier to trim-off the crap at the beginning and end than it is to try to select that monsterously long code.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I can't even get it to open. I always have an error in line 907 for piece sakes.

[/ QUOTE ]Try updating your version of AHK. Just download it fresh from www.autohotkey.com
-Sam
Old 07-10-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used the code from the original post in that thread since I couldn't figure out where the code started on the overcards page

[/ QUOTE ]The code is in a differently colored box than the instructions on the page at the OC.
-Sam

Tip: I suggest you hit "ctrl-a, ctrl-c", and paste the whole page into a text editor; it's easier to trim-off the crap at the beginning and end than it is to try to select that monsterously long code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. So just for clarity, it starts at the semi colon and all those lines? Sure I would have tried that but maybe I just assumed it started below the lines or something. Do you think that will take care of my problem with the tables popping up constantly?

Oh, and great software. Thanks a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 PM

question...how is IWitness datamining. How do I get the hands observed into PokerTracker?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:13 PM

It took a bit of digging to figure it out, but I'll give you the short answer. Get the latest version of the Party hand grabber somewhere in this thread. That allows you to "grab" observed hands. It puts them in a folder and you have to tell PT to look in that folder. I use the generic auto import function and just tell it where to look. What iWitness does is allow you to datamine over long periods without worrying about whether the stats will be all screwed up because one of the tables you were watching broke down to a head to head match (where VPIP would be extremely high and meaningless). It opens and closes tables so you're only watching ones at limits and sizes you want. Hope that helps and that I didn't leave anything out.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It took a bit of digging to figure it out

[/ QUOTE ]Keep in mind that a lot of this is pre-dug in the Software FAQ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 07-10-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It took a bit of digging to figure it out

[/ QUOTE ]Keep in mind that a lot of this is pre-dug in the Software FAQ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh. Could have saved myself a few minutes if I had just remembered.