Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 12:34 PM

Default .5/1 QQ

This is my first hand post... be cruel- any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need additional info.

UTG+1 is absolutely brutal. Regularly going to the river with Arag, never betting, just calling. Has cold called with any two suited cards routinely.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: .5/1 QQ

wow great hand.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow great hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty solid. At least you're not a wimp. At the river, though, you could consider checking with the intention of folding if this guy wakes up and bets.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow great hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty solid. At least you're not a wimp. At the river, though, you could consider checking with the intention of folding if this guy wakes up and bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: Why the river? It looks as though most things that have him beat (Any King, any Jack) are already out by the turn. It is in my opinion that once the turn hits it's time for some defense? Are both opinions ok or some one please explain why. Perhaps my last session has me a little nervous about situations like this, but I'm trying to improve as much as give advice so please comment.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:47 PM

i think wookie has it right. and yea really just the kind of hand everyone needs to think about all the time.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:59 PM

The only hand I see you ahead here is AQ, some Arag or small pair but since he's so passive, he can has anything. You are out of position too. This one is hard, I guess I played the same way, but let's hear the guys who really knows about poker, what is not my case, YET! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2006, 01:05 PM

Looks good to me. I like the river bet a lot. If he wins.. oh well. Having a habitual caller is going to make you money.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:49 PM

jsut read this section in SSHE... I think the only time we need to slow down is when an ACE is on the board vs loose passives
Old 07-08-2006, 02:21 PM

She showed Kd 3d.

I find the I'm losing a significant percentage of hands like this and was curious if I was too agressive. If I was raised at any point, I would have given it up.

Given that she could have been playing anything (QT would not have surprised me) I figured it was worth another bet.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:46 PM

i think too aggro. he must have been calling with something. give a chance to not donate. it sucks that K3 beat pocket QQ but so it goes. you lost at least 1 maybe 2 unnecisary Big bets. dont feel bad donks play that crap but you will leak if you keep betting and letting them call when you are beat.