Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 04:24 AM

Default Common situation headsup with air... Easy fold?

BB is a aggressive and confusing player (73/13/1.2) who bets and sometimes raises with ace high. I took a long time to make this decision and honestly considered raising.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Common situation headsup with air... Easy fold?

This is tough considering a relative lack of read, but I default to showing these guys down as much as possible. Basically, his range is wide open, and he could be doing this with everything from Qx to Tx, and all hands between.

I call turn and river. If he checks river, I check behind.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Common situation headsup with air... Easy fold?

Recently I've been trying not to raise with just overcards and no draws, but what do you do when players habitually donk a flop with air and/or draws? Just calling ensures a turn bet, and now we think we are behind, when actually villain has, for example 45 or two spades or A3 on this board.

I'm starting to think that its better to raise the flop against these types of opponents. They are much less likely to 3-bet or donk the turn with these types of lesser hands. Also, it will give us more action when we have powerhouse hands like overpairs.