Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 PM

Default 10/20 TPTK vs B Buddy

I've only really played one other pot against B Buddy this session when we got it all in on a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop. Myself with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and buddy with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], his AQ held for a 4k pot. Other than that, we both have been fairly LAG, just haven't gotten involved too much with eachother.

What's my best play here?

I'm assuming not too many people will say fold here, so if you say raise, to how much and do I call push? And if call, what's your play on a blank turn, what about a danger card such as a spade, 8, or K?

Thanks in advance, all!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Hero ($2315)
BB ($3888)
UTG ($2078)
MP ($3867.50)
Button ($3447.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, BB calls $60.

Flop: ($160) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $399</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Default Re: 10/20 TPTK vs B Buddy

Either play that hand for your entire stack as he did earlier and pushover, or just fold. Don't ever call with the intention of c/c the next street because you are OOP and you aren't going to like 1/2 the cards in the deck that could come and he's going to keep the pressure up. I would only call if intending to bet out on the turn to a harmless card, although even with that line in the case a bad card comes, he is going to bluff to those that don't actually help him.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:11 PM

He can definately call here bluffthis. In fact, it's what I prefer against this opponent. Then c/r ai nonspade, non-king turns. 8's is a questionmark.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:17 PM

The problem with calling with the intention of c/r the turn is that he can check behind to dodge that and then bluff raise allin on the river to any scare card, as well as in fact taking the free card when he really has a draw. He will have hero's hand read very well while hero will have only a vague idea of BBud's.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Most good aggressive players aren't checking behind on turn here, period. They aren't guys who enjoy taking free cards when they know people will have to call them down v light on the flop because of their aggressiveness. A lot of players are also weak enough to actually call him and still fold to his turnbet on a blank, him knowing this will also make him bet most of the time.

OPs hand isn't transparent at all; actually, having AQ here against buddy is one of the top hands OP will have. I mean, imagine how profitable buddys aggressive/loose play raising flops all the time would be if people folded less than AQ here. (And a lot of players probably are doing that; which makes him loads of money.)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:03 PM

shove. Calling isnt awful.