Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM

Default Rakeback on Victor Chandler?

Does anybody offer rakeback on Victor Chandler? I know that you can get rb on doyles room, but for taxation reasons (i'm european) i have to play on VC at tribeca - network.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Rakeback on Victor Chandler?

Tax reasons? Could you please elaborate? I don't know how it works in whatever country you're in, but in the U.S., you get taxed where you earn it. If I work for Microsoft, it doesn't matter that they're headquarters, or principal place of business, or state of incorporation is somewhere else--it matters where I get paid.

You earn your poker money where you live; not where the site is located. I can't imagine trying to figure out the tax laws from Costa Rica, Gibraltar, England, Curacao, Antigua, and a zillion other countries where these sites are technically based just to pay my taxes.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:51 PM

I do not have anyone offering it on my site.

I think the tax reasons he is talking about is to do we how the money is reported by some sites. Apparently Swedish people can play on certain sites and not pay any tax.

I hope that helps.

------------------------------
Rakeback and Incentives Directory
http://www.pokerincentivesreview.com
Old 01-20-2006, 12:43 AM

Victor Chandler is also now accepting US players.

They have have pretty good customer service. I'm already a member thu of the same network at Golden Palace/Doyle's Room.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tax reasons? Could you please elaborate? I don't know how it works in whatever country you're in, but in the U.S., you get taxed where you earn it. If I work for Microsoft, it doesn't matter that they're headquarters, or principal place of business, or state of incorporation is somewhere else--it matters where I get paid.

You earn your poker money where you live; not where the site is located. I can't imagine trying to figure out the tax laws from Costa Rica, Gibraltar, England, Curacao, Antigua, and a zillion other countries where these sites are technically based just to pay my taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my country we earn our poker money where we live too. But...

We have a state owned gambling monopoly and your winnings from their games are tax free in your own income taxation(due to the fact that playing their games is -30%EV). If you play with an other company, your winnigs are taxed normally (and for other companies it is against the law to organise gambling).

But we are also a member of european common market. And it would be against the rules of the common market to tax income that comes from a british company, if you do not tax the winnings from finnish companies too...

So long story short:
If i play in a game that is organised within the europian union, my winnins are tax free.

If i play in a game that is organised outside the europian union, my winnins are taxed.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the tax reasons he is talking about is to do we how the money is reported by some sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I would pay my taxes even if i was 100 % sure that i would not get caught of not reporting my income (moral issue).
Old 01-20-2006, 05:24 PM

Very interesting. Thanks Iq75.