Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Another monster bet out?

No reads previous on either opponent, although some previous play at least tells me BB is a decent player. Also, i am a bit tilty, yet oddly gunshy since I have been getting monsters bet out into me like crazy when I have very good hands in position and control, and have been getting stacked by them.

Full ring 5/10 on Stars, 4 folds, I raise it to $40 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Next player calls, BB calls, all have about $1k, and 3 see a flop of
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets out 80 into me, and immediately I think of shoving a bunch of chips at him, and folding to a RR, but then conrol myself, thinking I may be behind yet again, and decide to just call it and see what happens on the turn. #rd player folds.

Turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bets 180 into a ~280 pot, and I raise him to 435, figuring it will look like I am milking him, and if he RR's, I guess it's an easy fold. If he does have a set, I have little confidence I am getting him to fold, for various reasons explained already, but at least I should have flush outs.

He calls.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He thinks a bit, then shoves for $460 into me. I'm not going to post my thoughts at this point yet, as I want to see what others think here first.

If Grimstarr says fold here, I will eat a bug, btw. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Another monster bet out?

omg fold.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 PM

What does your turn raise accomplish? Fold the river this looks a lot like 55/99.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bets 180 into a ~280 pot, and I raise him to 435, figuring it will look like I am milking him, and if he RR's, I guess it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line would be a whole lot better if you had the Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Oh yeah, turbofold river.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:25 PM

Location: 6max PLO @ Tilt, 6max NLHE @ Party (non monster!!!)

I don't see what the river does to your hand. If he had you beat on the turn, which seems almost certain after calling your raise, he still has you beat on the river. It's an easy fold.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:35 PM

Ur so crushed
Old 07-06-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ur so crushed

[/ QUOTE ]

as bad as it is, im just proud u figured out how to post a picture.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 PM

Kinda surprised that so everyone said fold, as it seems many look at this and say "you are getting 3-1, you HAVE to call". I was all ready to fold, then realized I had effectively priced myself into the call, even though I know the Ace didn't change the hand. Hating myself and already annoyed at how bad I had run all evening, I crying called like a fish and got shown the 55 I knew he had.

It;s more annoying because I am usually very good at getting away from hands, but now since I have posted some tough folds and being told they were terrible, I'm not as sure now about my folds.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 AM

call
Old 07-07-2006, 04:54 AM

Dali, when a seemingly decent player leads into the PF raiser on an A high two-tone flop he expects there is quite a high chance he gets raised. Therefore I think his most likely range is hands that don't mind that and are pushing - set, 2pr, 67,78,68d, Axd, with weaker hands that are testing less likely. So when the d falls on the turn and he leads again then it looks v unlikely you're ahead (though you may have some outs).

Therefore I don't get the weird turn min-rasie. At all.