Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 PM
 is offline

Default Just Got a Call for a Free Cruise... Are These EVER Legit?

OK, so I don't consider myself to be gullible, but I could be wrong. Normally, when I receive a voicemail like this, it doesn't take long to figure out what the catch is. Here is what the voicemail said (it was a recording):

"Congratulations from the promotional group of "Broadcast Systems" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Your name was selected from a drawing and you have won a complimentary 3-day cruise for two from Ft. Lauderdale to the Bahamas, with free airfare. Here is your confirmation code and the phone number you have to call."

OK, so I called the number, and the same voice "picked up" and said:

"Congratulations again. You will only have to pay minimal port fees, taxes, and gratuities. All that we ask is that attend an information session for an hour and a half where we tell you about our company. After that, the cruise is all yours! The reason we do this is that we hope you will choose our services to book travel in the future. Press 1 if you are from the NY area."

I press 1, and it says:

"Please leave the first and last name of you and your spouse, as well as a phone number so that one of our represenatives can call you back."

I have not gotten past this part. I don't remember putting my name in for this drawing, though I admit that I do occasionally take the 10 seconds to fill them out, so it certainly is possible. Also, if you google "Broadcast Systems" and "free cruise," or "Broadcast Systems" and "travel," nothing relevant seems to come up.

So, what's my move?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Just Got a Call for a Free Cruise... Are These EVER Legit?

What the hell is going on? Anyway else wanna ask the same stupid questions with the same obvious answers?
Closed Thread