Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Full Tilt $1k WSOP Qualifier, Unethical Table Talk

Monday night there were 5 seats to the main event in the $1k qualifier. With 6 players left, #3-6 were all within about 20% chips of each other (including me) at around 25k chips. Leader had 60k and #2 had about 42k. The leader made a raise from the cutoff seat to about 6k (1k/2k blinds i believe), to which the #2 guy pushed allin and typed in "I have AA, fold." It was folded around to him, he didn't show, but support confirmed it later on. In the end (about 100 hands later) I ended up bubbling 6th (I got $5k).

This is obviously a serious breach of tournament ethics, and of the site's rules and policy. However, their findings were that play was very conservative, and the chipleader would have had to have a monster hand to call. (In actuality, he should fold any hand including AA here I believe.) Thus, support said that the play of the hand was unaffected, so they only issued the allin player a warning that his chat would be suspended on any future infraction.

So, they are unwilling to offer me any type of compensation at all. Do I have any real beef here? I know there's little chance the guy would have called, but who's to say that the guy wasn't a moron, or would have made a heroic call with QQ+, or would have misclicked, or whatever. Have I lost any real equity here, or should I be content in the thought that the guy would have folded anyway regardless of the raiser's chat?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt $1k WSOP Qualifier, Unethical Table Talk

I think their response was appropriate.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt $1k WSOP Qualifier, Unethical Table Talk

op,

what if he had 84o?