Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 01:51 AM

Default Your favorite U.S. city and why...

What is your favorite U.S. city and why?

I would have to go with Chicago; I was only there once for 2 days but I had a blast. I guess the city wasn't all that cool but I have a lot of good memories from there.

Other cities I have been to include:
- Boston
- D.C.
- Baltimore
- Detroit
- San Fransico
- L.A.
- Dallas

I'm going to Vegas in a couple weeks for the first time. I imagine that I may enjoy that more than Chicago as I am going with 3 friends and playing in a WSOP event.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Your favorite U.S. city and why...

As a foreigner (Canada) my best times on US soil were all in Texas - San Antonio and DFW specifically...

Of course I have not yet been to Vegas so this might be up in the air still...
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 AM

I'm going with Minneapolis. It has everything I want out of a city, and the downside is pretty minimal.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going with Minneapolis. It has everything I want out of a city, and the downside is pretty minimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colder than Canada half the winter = big freakin downside IMO
Old 07-05-2006, 02:32 AM

I'm from Canada, and I've been to LA, San Fran, Boston, and New York...and out of all those, my favorite was San Francisco. The athmosphere was awesome, but I was staying in a nice area around the marina. It just seemed like a great city, with nice people and lots to do.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:15 AM

I lived there most of my life so far, but Seattle is my answer. The city itself is beautiful, the people are generally nice, and the weather is great. The winter mostly sucks, but the summer is basically perfect. There aren't an overwhelming amount of things to do in the city, but there's more than enough. To me, there's almost nothing quite like driving on the highway towards town, coming to the top of a hill, and seeing Mount Rainier on a clear day. Then, on the next hill, seeing Seattle's skyscrapers from 20 miles or so away, framed by the snowy mountains behind them.

Now, if there could only be a mass exodus from the city to alleviate the traffic...

From the small amount of time I've spent in Chicago, that would be my second choice.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm from Canada, and I've been to LA, San Fran, Boston, and New York...and out of all those, my favorite was San Francisco. The athmosphere was awesome, but I was staying in a nice area around the marina. It just seemed like a great city, with nice people and lots to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm from Canada, SF is my favourite as well. The people just seemed cool and everyone on the trip wanted to spend more time there. We stayed almost on the edge of chinatown and it was a pretty seedy area but it was a lot of fun still.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 AM

SanFran was also the first thing to pop into my head. The look of the town is so unique and beautiful, due to the terrain on which it sits. Climate is unbelievably wonderful. And the people there seem to get along with each other, like no place I've ever seen.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:43 AM

Portland, OR. A nice, laid-back city with very pleasant people. It's got everything I'd need except for poker and that is why I don't live there. It's also a great city for walking.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:48 AM

New Orleans for many many reasons.
It's more than just Bourbon Street and I think it's a shame that many conventioners and tourists don't get around to seeing that.

I feel I've only experienced a small fraction myself even though I've probably been there 40-50 times.

I haven't been back since the hurricane though and I know it's not really the same now.